This is to let everyone know... "WE ARE ALL NEEDED and WANTED"

Evelyn3131
on 8/6/11 10:28 am - Burlington, NC
Hi All,

I felt the need to post this as an individual thread, because WE ARE ALL NEEDED, VALUED and WANTED....  VETS, MIDDLE and NEWBIES... COME ONE, COME ALL......

I have been catching up to post since my weekend is free and am truly disappointed in us not being able to get along.  Can everyone let bygones by bygones?  We ALL "need" and "want" support and everyone wants to feel validated. 

Discrimination of any kind and personal comments that has little or nothing to do with RNY is very unproductive and not what this site is for......    in my opinion, and take it for what it's worth.......   Jazlene(msp) was truly trying to apologize with this post and rectify things from the last post, but again, she may have felt forced to defend herself and it seems to be getting out of hand.  I think it takes strength when someone tries to rectify their actions. 

It also takes strength for the "vets" to give their opinions, because as we have seen, many of them no longer post and their knowledge is valuable and shoudl be respected.

I learned along time ago that emails/post can really be misconstrued...  and my friends that is exactly what has been going on...  now, everyone seems to questioning the intentions of other posters.

At the end of the day, I feel that there are more people with good intentions rather than negative ones and All of US are needed.  The Vets are needed, the Newbies are needed and the Middle of the Road People are Needed as well.   So, for lack of a better cliche, "Can't We All Just Get ALONG?"

Love and Appreciate You All,

Evelyn

Surgery Date 6/30/2011          
Mia H.
on 8/6/11 10:29 am - OH
 I'll repeat my response...

Well said Evelyn.  

nfarris79
on 8/6/11 10:31 am - Germantown, MD

Big hugs to all the peacemakers & unifiers!! 

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Dee2011
on 8/6/11 10:38 am - PA
AMEN!!! Very well said.  Peace and Blessings to everyone.  Have a Super weekend.
Jazlenesmommy
on 8/6/11 10:40 am - CA
Thanks Evelyn...Have a great rest of your weekend!
HappyMango
on 8/6/11 12:33 pm - FL
Kudo Evelyn!!

I'm a newbie to the board that is very appreciative of everyone's opinions...I really don't have anyone I can talk to about my hopes, fears, excitment, apprehension of the upcoming surgery.  I feel like a spongue and want to hear everything, from Newbies, Middlins and Vets!

So thank you Evelyn for pointing out that we can appreciate everyone in their stage of this change in our lives!  (And that sometimes the printed word can be a rough medium for conveying the proper tone)

Evelyn3131
on 8/6/11 12:51 pm - Burlington, NC
Maryan n,

Believe me when I stay that your feelings are truly understandable.  I remember before surgery how many feelings good and bad, went through my head.  I was excited, scared, seeking knowledge and trying to prepare all at the same time. 

I too felt as if no one in my immediate life truly understood my cir****tances...  people that I thought would be supportive were not and so I choose to only tell my immediate family.  Please know if there is anything that I can do to help, all you have to do is send me a post. 

There is so much help here at this site as you already know, but if you feel that you need a friend... remember I am here.

Evelyn 

Surgery Date 6/30/2011          
HappyMango
on 8/6/11 12:59 pm - FL
Thank you Evelyn, that means a lot!

It is a tough road to try to decide who to tell about the surgery and I don't want those who are supportive nuts with all my "surgery talk".  I'm kind of a medical geek as it is and no one really in my immediate circle understand that either.  :)

I may just take you up on that offer to get some additional friendship advice too!

Peacebstill
on 8/6/11 3:25 pm - FL
I am a newbie also and look forward to getting all the knowledge I can from you guys. I have all the same emotions about my surgery on Monday 8th. By the way dr. Ben-David is my surgeon also. We will keep in touch. Blessings

Evelyn3131
on 8/6/11 9:15 pm - Burlington, NC
Peace,

Welcome... can 't wait to see you on the other side of this surgery.  I know things will go well, but again understand all the emotions associated with pre-surgery.  The one thing that I noticed is that you are starting out with less weight than most to loss, so that is a good thing.  Always remember we are here to answer any questions that you may have.

Be Blessed,

Evelyn

Surgery Date 6/30/2011          
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 459 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 416 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 299 views