How can you tell if you have a stricture?

Kim M.
on 8/7/11 6:20 am - NC
Hi All, I hope everyone is well.  I haven't posted in a while, but now I have a question.  How do you know if you have a sticture?  I can keep water, protein shakes, and oatmeal down, but when I eat meat it feels like I have to get rid of it. It sits right on top of my breastbone.  I have tried tuna, chicken, and a bite of grilled(not bbqed)pork chop.  I can't seem to keep it down.  Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to call my Dr?  I'm slowly losing weight, but am losing inches. I just like throwing up every time I eat
Kim    
nduke39
on 8/7/11 6:35 am - FL
I started throwing up approx 4 weeks out from RNY (4/17/2011), I had originally been able to eat the things that i was throwing up and all of a sudden couldn't.  I went in for my 6 week check-up with  my NUT and he suggested going back on liquids and working my way back to solids to see if my pouch was being sensitive or if I really had a problem and call him back in 3 weeks if no improvement.  Well 3 weeks came and still throwing up, went into my surgeons office and he accused me of not following his orders, and he reluctently scheduled me for an UGI, and said he would find nothing.  So finally at 3 1/2 months post-op i finally got my UGI and guess what, the patient that has followed his orders had a stricture, easy fix, dilated with a ballon, no pain and I can eat like I should.  If you think that you have one, call your Dr. and keep on him if you doesn't believe you.  Because I couldn't eat the amount of protien that I should it slowed my weight loss down.  I had slowed to less than 1/4 lb a day and am back up to 1/2-3/4 lb a day.  Hope this helps and had to rant just a little in there. 

labellavita1982
on 8/7/11 7:38 am - Neenah, WI
That sounds like when I had mine. you need to call your doctor.

HW-500lbs SW-381 CW-235 GW-185
Steph
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 334 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?