2 week stall?!?!

SkiNNieMiNNie
on 8/8/11 12:27 am - Trinity, AL
I am 12 weeks post-op and have been at a stall since July 30th(lil over week).Is this normal? I heve jst gotten to 197 and I think my body has been fighting to not get below 200's. I am worrying that I am eating too much. In order to get my protein in I graze throughout the day b/c I still have hard time eating enough at 1 meal. I can consume about 1/2 of things like soup and salads but can only do a few bites of an actual piece of meat. Am I doing something wrong???62 lbs lost since pre-surgery diet and I know that is good I jst dont want it to stop:/
babybooo828
on 8/8/11 12:35 am
 I'm not certain about this, but I'm thinking it may be better to use one or two protein shakes for meals so that you can get in enough protien, rather than grazing during the day to get it is. Grazing will set up old behaviors and may make it harder in the end to not gain the weight back. 

Its normal to have stalls. At what time will you have one? Who knows. Eat person is different and so is their body so they will stall at different times for different amounts of time. The best thing to do is to take a look at what you are doing and try to tweek it.

You are doing well! And your weight lose will most like continue. :) 

SkiNNieMiNNie
on 8/8/11 12:45 am - Trinity, AL
Even my shakes I can only do about 4 oz at a time so I split them up to make sure I get the protein in. I make about 2 servings of it in morning and it takes me atleast 3 times throughout the day to get it down. Its all sooo confusing cuz they tell u to get so much in and it puts me into grazing to get all the protein dwn. I have heard some say to do that and others say not too so it makes it all super confusing.
Sharyn S.
on 8/8/11 2:07 am - Bastrop, TX
RNY on 08/19/04 with
A stall is not a stall until you have gone 4 continuous weeks with zero weight loss and zero inches lost. 

You are normal.

Sharyn, RN

RIP, MOM ~ 5/31/1944 - 5/11/2010
RIP, DADDY ~ 9/2/1934 - 1/25/2012

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?