Dizzy Spells!!

Tessmama_of4
on 8/8/11 10:19 am
So I am 14 weeks out and almost 60lbs down. I keep getting dizzy spells every so often. Let me explain something and be as short as possible lol. I have very bad anxiety!! I had taken cymbalta for it before surgery and it helped alot! Then when I came out from surgery my heart rate started going up it was making me feel like it was beating out of my cheast and I just did not feel right it was like 115, so they put me on a beta blocker Metropolol ER25mgs. That helped me alot everytime I take the cymbalta it upsets my stomach 20mgs that was. So I stopped taking it. I went to the baractric center for a 3month check up and my blood pressure was low. They went over my meds with me and they said maybe the beta blocker was doing it. Well then they told me to cut the 25mgs in half. I am still getting dizzy spells and when I wake up in the morning or if i try to take a nap I feel my heart beating fast. So I chekc it and it is like 96BPM or maybe a little higher. If i am busy it does not bother me one bit if i sit still and notice it I worry about it!! Could it be my matabalism?? Just got my blood work back a little low on Vitamin A, Iron and D. I uped everything and start my iron tomorrow! Has anyone ever experienced this?? Also with out the cymbalta my moods are bad!! But it makes me sick when I take it.. Just looking for some advice and to see what you think is making me feel dizzy!!
Kim H.
on 8/8/11 10:35 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
Will you please go see your doctor? Seriously, you're making me worried. The dizziness can be from meds or dehydration or anemia or a number of other things. Also, there may be other psych meds you can take that will help you stabilize your mood but not make you sick. Don't wait too long to get either thing checked out though. I'm a nurse so I can't really help but worry. Take care and repost when you get some answers. Until then I hope you're safe and feel better soon!

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
D-J
on 8/8/11 10:36 am
i had an irregular heartbeat episode when i was sent home from my surgery and ended up having to go back in the hospital the next day for another three days of tests,, they put me on metropral but the regular kind not the ER,(extended release) kind,,i have the story on my profile blog.

i would think if it happens when you think about it ,it might be due to anxiety,,you should never just stop taking a kind of med like cymbalta without being weaned off it or having something else to take it's place,you should let your doc know how it makes you sick to your stomach so they can replace it with something you can tolerate.
DivineMs.M
on 8/8/11 10:41 am
Try adding a bit more salt. Pickles or if your not able to eat pickles, try a soup. I suggest progresso tomato basil. I add it to crushed ice and drink it like V8.  
Tessmama_of4
on 8/8/11 11:16 am
I have talked to my doctor about this situation. They think I was getting dizzy from my blood pressure dropping and they said it was from taking a whole 25mg metropol Er. I have had lots of blood work done and everything came back good. Besides a few low vitamins they said was really normal for baractric patients!
ObiMomKenobi
on 8/8/11 4:28 pm
Metoprolol at 25 mg is a very tiny dose. I don't see it causing a huge effect on your blood pressure, though I suppose it could happen. I take 25 mg twice daily for a P.S.V.T.'s. It didn't change my BP at all.

Cymbalta... do they make it in a liquid? Also, I heard of someone taking meds with cottage cheese, and it didn't make them sick then. Maybe worth a try. If not, as others have said, get something else that works for ya. No need being unhappy!

Dizziness has about a thousand causes. It is really hard to pin down. I hope you find the cause, and get it settled so you feel better soon.

Amanda :)

Tessmama_of4
on 8/9/11 12:25 am
Thanks for everyone's input! I am hoping it is just my Iron being low the dizzy spells it is not all the time but it is sometimes, when I get up quick! So lets hope the meds I start today will cure it!!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 276 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views
Recent Topics