I miss my band

Jackie
on 8/9/11 4:51 am - Boston, MA
So from my revised sugergy from the Lap Band to the Gastric in November 2010 until now August 9th, I've lost 35lbs and for the life of me, can't lose the last 10.  WTHeck????  I thought for sure the weight would just melt off especially when I've incorporate running in my routine.  But the scale is stuck at 155, argh, and it won't budge.  I 've been plateud for months.  Please if anyone can share how they broke their plateau I would be sooo grateful!
mrslatch
on 8/9/11 5:10 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I think no matter what, regardless of what kind of WLS you've had, or heck, even those who haven't, the last 20lbs or less are the hardest to lose.

Some things to consider might be upping your calories? Are you only running for exercise? You might just need to switch it up a bit with both your eating and work-outs. Or, maybe re-evaluate your goal. So many vets will tell you that your body will tell you where it is happy and try its hardest to stay there.

I'm right there with you trying to get the last 15ish off!
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/9/11 5:14 am - OH
Yep, ditto to what she just said about the last few pounds always being the hardest and about how maybe your body is happy where it is.

You might, however, look at how many calories you are eating versus how many you are burning to make sure that you are neither eating too many calories nor too few.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Rebecca H.
on 8/9/11 12:12 pm
Even though the scale isn't moving, could you be losing inches ??

Stacemonster
on 8/9/11 12:28 pm
Strength training!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 360 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 222 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views