Beyond satisfying NSV

Sasrah1972
on 8/9/11 1:46 pm - NY
I have just given away 10 bags of clothing and 3 bags of shoes. After only 55lbs, none of it fits me anymore. I have kept a bunch of "skinny" clothes that probably won't fit me in a few months, but it was truly satisfying to rid myself of all of that baggage.

Sold a bunch of the nicer stuff on eBay, too. Now I have a little extra cash to buy some new duds (at Target on sale)!!

Yay!
Sasrah
RNY 5.17.11

Lisa R.
on 8/9/11 1:50 pm - CA
 WOW!  that is incredible!  We had surgery around the same time (5/2/11) and I am down 54lbs and nothing from pre surgery fits anymore either, but I have yet to get rid of it.  I know I have to but I still feel a bit "fat" in my head and I am having a hard time believing that I won't "need" those cloths anymore.  Isn't that sad.  I just need to take your lead and get the heck rid of it!

Good job!

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
SweetLilyAnn
on 8/9/11 3:54 pm - TX
That is the coolest thing to get rid of your clothes. 10 bags - wow, that must have been cathartic.  Congrats and smart move about selling them on ebay.  I just started shopping at the thrift store.  Great clothes, great prices.

Lisa, The GREATEST thing that you can do for you is GET RID OF THOSE CLOTHES.  I did it and felt wonderful. I felt like I was FREE when I dropped them off at the salvation army.  I really encourage you to do it. 

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

volky64
on 8/10/11 12:22 am

how many sizes did you go down?  in clothes and in shoes??

Carebearny1999
on 8/10/11 1:22 am - Rochester, NY
Congrats!!  I did that too, once I hit 100lbs gone!  I donated a LOT to our local women's shelter as larger sizes are hard to come by.  Others I gave to a "welfare to work" program here, and then finally some to friends looking to start their journies.  I've also been blessed to be on the receiving end of bags and bags of clothes!  I do have some I might sell on ebay (like my leather jackets) but for me, even though I might have gotten money it felt SO good to give to others less fortunate then myself!  I'm unemployed and was feeling pretty depressed the day I donated the clothes as I had only 3-4 outfits left that fit (and contemplated a garage sale for the $$), but to see the faces of the ladies accepting my donations--made me feel 1000x better!!  They cried, squealed with delight, and told me of the 100s of women I'd be helping.  So anytime you're feeling down--donate some clothes to the women's shelters! 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 225 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics