The most moist Pork Tenderloin ever!

Bkritty
on 8/9/11 6:31 am
I have to share this recipe because it has been a godsend to me since surgery. The method of cooking sounds completely crazy and I was convinced it would not work, but I assure you it will come out perfect every time and is so moist which is so helpful early out. ENJOY :)

PERFECT PORK TENDERLOIN
  • 1 lb boneless pork tenderloin (approximate)
  • salt and pepper
  • dry seasoning, of your choice (thyme, savory, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, or a mixture)

Directions:

1. 1 NOTE: The success of this cooking method will depend upon how accurate the temperature of your oven is and how well your oven retains heat. Adjust cooking time +/- according your individual oven.
  2. 2 Determine the EXACT weight of roast from the meat wrapper. Weight will determine how long to cook the roast.
  3. 3 Preheat oven to 500-550 degrees. Remove tenderloin from refrigerator. Season meat as desired. Place seasoned meat in an uncovered roasting pan.
  4. 4 Bake EXACTLY 5 1/2 minutes PER POUND. Adjust +/- according to your oven's accuracy and heat retention. Turn oven OFF and DO NOT open oven door for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes to redistribute internal juices. Roast will be done, very slightly pink in the center, and very moist.
  5. 5 NOTE:******* For anyone questioning this method of cooking, it really does reach the proper internal temperature on a thermometer. If you have an oven probe or a thermometer that has a wire that goes through the side of the oven door, by all means use it and set alarm for 140-145 degrees. It should go off before the hour is up. After resting 5-10 minutes, the roast should reach 145-150 degrees.
  6. 6 According to Sara Moulton on FoodTV, salmonella is killed at 138 degrees, and 145 is a safe temperature for pork, although the USDA recommends 160 degrees (meat will be drier).
  7. 7 VARIATION: To make Roasted Veggies along with the tenderloin, peel carrots and potatoes, and cut into about 1-inch cubes. Season as desired and drizzle with a little oil. Add vegetables to pan around (but NOT touching) pork tenderloin. Cook tenderloin as instructed above. The roasted potatoes and carrots should be done when the roast is done. You may need to adjust the size of the potatoes and carrots depending upon the weight of your tenderloin and how long you cook it.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/perfect-pork-tenderloin-63828#ixz z1UZ8cHxkX

mdolan20
on 8/9/11 6:59 am - Brick, NJ
 Thanks!!
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

mrslatch
on 8/9/11 7:28 am - Fort Campbell, KY
Yum! I'm going to try this soon!
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Bkritty
on 8/9/11 8:02 am
It is seriously my absolute favorite and my family LOVES it too! Never any leftovers :(

Trish S.
on 8/9/11 9:54 am - Upstate , NY
I have this recipe...but it's for prime rib and it's really good too!!!!
“I think everyone should be told they’re beautiful until they believe it.?

Bkritty
on 8/10/11 1:41 am
Yes this recipe is great for prime rib as well!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/16/11 8:46 pm
This is briliant. Works even for a huge 9 lb pork loin. But I lfet it overnight in the oven. Cooked really late last night.  Thanks a bunch. The best pork loin I ever made.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Bkritty
on 8/17/11 12:14 am
Yay! I am so glad someone else tried it...its so delish!!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 265 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics