its done!

purpleamanda
on 8/10/11 12:45 am - TN
so im siting here in the hospital, slightly dizzy but doing ok. i had my surery done on monday but had to stay due to my drain bleeding a lot and its finnally starting to slow dowm, the gas is soooo horrible, at first the nurses wouldnt let me take my gas x strips so my mom hunted them down because my drs nurse advised me to bring some. I started feeling better after using them. Fingers crossed for a ginormous fart!
Good luck to all of those with upcoming surgeries.
    *Amanda*                
Tenaciousc1974
on 8/10/11 12:47 am - CA
Yay!! Take good care of yourself
Chris

start/pre-op/current/goal weights:  286/240/138/130

ladyprof
on 8/10/11 12:52 am - Marion, AR
Yay for you Amanda!  Here's hoping you get that gas relief you need and that the rest of your recovery is uneventful.  I'm jealous that you're already on the loser's bench--keep a seat for me on Aug. 29!

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 1:16 am - RI
I'm so glad everything went well for you!

Congrats...and rest

Thanks for the good luck wishes...my RNY is on September 7th!
DisneyLover
on 8/10/11 1:54 am - WI
welcome to the losers bench.

just be careful when you do start passing gas.  never trust a fart.  I left the hospital with 2 less pairs of underware. :)

Sarah

mizzindependent
on 8/10/11 3:09 am
LOL OMG I laughed so hard at this! OH needs a like button bad.  Thaks for the info.  I will pack extra undies. 
Dale W.
on 8/10/11 5:05 am - Canonsburg, PA
The "never trust a fart" is nice when you're in the hospital, and sure it's good advice.  But I think it's more important to remember that on your first night home, when you're in your own bed for the fist time in a few nights, and you're super comfortable.  I'm not saying how or why I know that, but just take my word for it.  Have a set of clean sheets ready for day number 2 when you get home. 

purpleamanda
on 8/11/11 4:01 am - TN
thanks everyone for the kind words! the never trust a fart is great i laughed so hard of course i was holding my belly but thats ok lol! cant wait till yall are on the losers bench with me too!!
    *Amanda*                
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 363 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 286 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views