Two year surgiverssary

Miriam Richardson
on 8/10/11 11:47 pm - Eldorado, IL
I Just thought I would check in. Yesterday was my two year surgiversary! I didn't post yesterday because I was too busy living life! I am doing great. Down 153 lbs, from tight size 28 to size 12/14. I am still hoping to lose about 12 lbs but am really OK where I am.  Labs are all good. No real unpleasant side effects except the occasional episode of reactive hypoglycemia. I'm off all prescriptions except thyroid.
Total lost

Lost since surgery

Amount to goal

gbsinsatx
on 8/10/11 11:52 pm - San Antonio, TX
 Congratulations! 

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

Miriam Richardson
on 8/13/11 4:46 am - Eldorado, IL
Thanks
Total lost

Lost since surgery

Amount to goal

LossLeader
on 8/11/11 12:30 am
Congratulations!

So I'm curious about something: does the surgery still impact your eating (appetite etc.)? I've heard that the effects wear off over time.

Highest weight: approx. 293
Pre-fast weight: 284
Surgery weight: 274
Lowest weight:163
Current weight:182 

Miriam Richardson
on 8/11/11 3:33 am - Eldorado, IL
I still can only eat much less than I could before the surgery. I don't think my body came equipped with an appetite off button. I can be full to bursting and still feel hungry, however the results of overeating (nausea, dumping, reactive hypoglycemia, etc) keep me from doing it very often. I also eat much healthier foods as I don't want to waste calories on junk.
Total lost

Lost since surgery

Amount to goal

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 12:39 am - Boston, MA
 Congrats to you! 
Miriam Richardson
on 8/13/11 4:47 am - Eldorado, IL
Thanks
Total lost

Lost since surgery

Amount to goal

melizabeth
on 8/11/11 12:47 am - CA
Great job!   What does your daily food intake consist of on a regular basis?  Also, I'm a newbie, could you explain to me about your episodes of reactive hypoglycemia?  Your success if very inspiring.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Miriam Richardson
on 8/11/11 3:38 am - Eldorado, IL
I usually eat a Pure Protein Bar for breakfast, Chili or egg salad or ham salad or something like that for lunch, home made trail mix for snack, Supper at work is usually cheese and crackers and fresh fruit. and then an evening snack that might be another protien bar, or sometime sf ice cream or something else. I also eat 3-5 pieces of sf chocolate candy during the day as a laxitive in addition to  fiber.
Total lost

Lost since surgery

Amount to goal

Miriam Richardson
on 8/11/11 11:42 pm - Eldorado, IL
I realized I didn't answer about the Hypoglycemia. It seems to happen out of the blue but may be related to hidden sugars. It usually starts with being shakey. If I don't eat something it progress to sweating and weakness. One time when I tested my blood sugar it was 47, other times it wasn't that low. This has only happend a few times (5 or 6) over the course of the last few months. I haven't tald to the Dr about it yet, just trying to avoid it by eating right and avoiding sugar.
Total lost

Lost since surgery

Amount to goal

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views