YIPPIE!!!!! I got a date

bomoni727
on 8/12/11 10:56 am - MN
 Finally,
After so many years and so much hard work, I finally got a date of September 7th.  I want to thank all of you for your helpful tips and for helping to guide me through this process.  You guys on here rock.  I know that I still have a lot to learn after my surgery, I feel comfident in knowing that I can always come here for support.  My next phase is to start my 2 week required liquid only diet on August 24th.  I know this will be a challenge for me but I'm up for it.  I will post a picture when I am able.  Every time I try it won't go all the way through-technical difficulties but I'll work on it.  Thanks again.

Monica
Jackie M.
on 8/12/11 11:00 am - Fairhaven , MA
congragulations on your surgury date.  I received my pre-authorization acceptance letter yesterday in the mail, so I know i will be getting a date soon..  my question is, why do you have to do a 2 week liquid diet before your surgury?  I am really nervous about having rny surgury.  Thanks, Jackie

bomoni727
on 8/12/11 11:58 am - MN
 Hi Jackie,
My surgeon requires a 2 week diet across the board for everyone.  It's all done in preparation before and after the surgery.  They just want you to be prepared as much as possible for the life change that is going to happen as the result of the surgery.  On top of the two week all liquid diet, I will also have to do a cleanse the day before surgery.  I can have things like broth, pudding, jello, protein drinks, etc.  So, hopefully it won't be too bad and they say that after about 3 days you do really well up to the day of surgery.
lady_roper2
on 8/12/11 12:28 pm - Westminster, CO
Congratulations on getting a surgery date!!! Getting ready for the date is the start of a new way of eating as well as living!  I know that the liquid diet is not exactly exciting but it will help in shrinking the amount of fat around the liver and make the surgery less time consuming and easier for you and your doctor.
I think that the hardest part is trying NOT to be excited about the surgery...(I know that I was soooooooo excited...I told everyone that I was going to finally get it done!!!! LOL!!!) But it is good to let people know that they can be a positive support for you BEFORE and AFTER surgery! 
GOOOOOOD luck and let us know how you are doing!
Lena

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views