food

purpleamanda
on 8/12/11 1:09 pm - TN
so im in the full liguid diet stage post op which means ive moved up from only clear liquids to pudding, cream of soups, cottage cheese. and yogurt. the pudding is toooo sweet for me and the cottage cheese and yogurt are not good cause of the texture so does anyone have any ideas for me? im 5 days out, thanks! and i get to have protein shakes
    *Amanda*                
Heidi L.
on 8/12/11 1:24 pm - San Jose, CA
I got to eat out at restaurants my whole recovery time and one made an awesome tomato bisque. Another had great clam chowder. Just had to be careful not to get any of the clams in there. Did they say you could have cream of wheat? Had that every morning for breakfast. Have you tried Greek Yogurt? It is amazingly smooth and thick.

Couple ideas. I am still sick from the pudding. Had to mix all my crushed pills into it. Just thinking about it makes me want to puke.

Pre-op  260.8#...Surgery 242#...Current 190#...Lowest 166#...Goal 155.8#

kipz303
on 8/12/11 3:13 pm
Here's a little hint: Try different brands of cottage cheese! My pouch is a grouchy pouchy and will  not tolerate any cottage cheese but the pink container of crystal brand(formerly known as foster farms).  Malt-o-meal hot cereal as well as cream of wheat are excellent as they havesome vitamins in them already..you "CAN" mix some protein powder in with it but I didnt like the taste.  I would focus more on liquids ...find one to 3 things  you can stand to eat until you're on full puree - - remember that full liquids are different than mushies and semi-solids.  

Personally, I think you should focus more on "i need to get in my liquid" instead of "what all can I eat" ..you can have a total variety of every kind of food you're allowed but in actuality - you're gonna take 2 bites and be full - not really worth the worrying - at least it wasnt in my book.

RNY - August 13, 2010

LBL - October 29, 2012

a total of 271 lbs lost!!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 760 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views