Questions...It's been a while since I've posted.

Melody D.
on 8/12/11 7:48 pm, edited 8/12/11 7:56 pm - Pueblo, CO
I want to start a running program.  Other than walk around, I haven't done much.  I just go 5 pound dumb bells and a gazelle (not my first choice, but my Dad was thinking of me when he went yard saling.

Anywho, I'm down to 152. I went to a nutrition class with my cousin who is following in my footsteps. Would you believe I learned more from that class (same instructor) than I did from the first one? I must have been comatose during my original class. For instance, I found out I could have bread. What? Where did this come from? I felt like I didn't pay attention the first ;=.

So, honestly I haven't been exercising and want to start running.  I've bought a good set of Reebok running shoes, cropped running pants, and a Champion tank top that has a built in full bra.  My problem in the past was that anytime I used a sports bra I got a uniboob (where your boobies center up instead of staying in the cups where they belong.

So here are my questions:
How do I warm up for a run, how do I ramp up from walking to a jog, and then onto run?  Whats the recommended time to warm up before each run, what's the recommended regimen.
Panniculectomy & Mastopexy (Breast Reduction & Lift)- 1/3/12
Upper Thigh Lift & Upper Arm Lift- 3/13/12
HW-290,
SW-288, GW-127, CW-111

jkjstars123
on 8/12/11 9:57 pm - Tama, IA
Google the program Couch to 5K. It is a wonderful program that will get you running. They have you walk for so many seconds then jog for so many sec. Each week is different and pretty soon you can jog a mile than 2 and so on. I did it and it's a great program.

For the warming up they now say the best warm-up for running is walking. I always walk before and after my run.

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 343 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics