Lets save some money!!!

NIXMOMMIE
on 8/12/11 12:19 am - NC
Hey guys I thought I would pop in and say hello.  I am struggling with eating and losing still, but it is what it is.  I work weekend nights and have a problem trying to figure out what I am going to eat over the weekend. I absolutely do not like leftovers and have to cook fresh food at work which is sometimes hard.  Anyhow, advice on that would be great.

The matter at hand.  $$Saving money$$.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chobani greek yogurt, but it is expensive.  Sometimes as much as $1.50 per container.  Well Food Lion had Yoplait Gree on sale 10 for 10.  I decided to try it.  OMG!!!!! My new 2nd fave.  It is much creamier than Chobani and the label boasts a whopping 17g protein.  This is for the plain, of course.  I have added mived berries that I blended in the food processer with a touch of Splenda.  Deliscious.  I also added Polaner peach preserves.  Well todays creation was 2tbsp peanut butter and Torani SF choc. syrup.  Oh wow, great and with the peanut butter you boost the protein to 23g.  As much as a scoop of protein powder. In a couple hours I will eat another new creations.  Hot Tings.  I love hot wings, but of course I know I should not eat them.  I bought the 6oz package of chicken tenders, they are already cooked.  Toss 3 oz with some hot wing sauce and toos in micro for a cpl minutes.  Eat with ranch and it is just like Hot wings.  I so love them.  And 3oz is 18g protein.  Woow, hard work to get in all the protwin, but having a little fun doing it.

Duck_Girl
on 8/12/11 2:32 am
I wish I had a recommendation for you. I am a HUGE fan of leftovers. I just eat whatever is in the fridge and have every since my lapband and now my RNY.

Boiled Eggs
Cold Cuts (try to avoid the over processed) w/tositos spinach dip, cheese and lettuce
Tuna w/low fat mayo
Salmon Lox - my favorite. I cold smoke them myself

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 205 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 478 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?