surgery creaping up and having anxiety

lilfatgirlfrommissouri
on 8/13/11 7:16 am - MO
So my surgery is on september 6th and im starting to have some anxiety issues. I feel like I need to be doing something constantly and I dont know what to do. Any one else have these issues right before surgery?
 I also keep questioning my self if im making the right decision. My grandma just passed away and its really making me think even more,

On a positive note I made it thru the funeral service with out a cig ( just an update)

anyways thanks for letting me vent a little

maggiet
on 8/13/11 7:54 am - Durham, NC
Congrats on making it through without a cig! Tobacco is one strong addiciton, you should be proud of yourself. And, of course, I am sorry for your loss.

Of course you are nervous and thinking about whether this is the right thing to do. Now is the time to have doubts... and to really delve into your feelings about the surgery. I will say I am sooo happy to have had the surgery but you do go through times of mourning and depression. The thing is, it gets better.

It is normal to be nervous and add to that the stress of losing your grandmother just now. I wish you the best on making the decision.

lilfatgirlfrommissouri
on 8/13/11 8:06 am - MO
Thankyou for your kind reply :)

Smoking is a hard habbit to kick, I actually quit smoking on march 20th of this year. I knew going in to my surgeons program I couldnt smoke so I kicked the habbit before I started the program, I even quit cold turkey!!
with no slip ups until my grandma passed and I had 2 smokes the day before the service at my moms house. But Ive got back on the wagon and no more since :)

now if i can get my nerves under control ill be ok lol

Jessica L.
on 8/13/11 8:53 am
I HAVE SURGERY THIS MONDAY AND I AM SOOOO NERVOUS, EXCITED,ANXIOUS, HAPPY,SCARED,ETC. SO YES IT IS NORMAL TO BE FEELING WHAT YOUR FEELING. ON TOP OF THE EMOTIONS I ALREADY AM FEELING THEY NOW ARE MORE INTENSE NOW THAT I HAVE DEVELOPED A LITTLE COUGH 2 DAYS AGO I CALLED THE HOSPITAL AND THEY SAID STILL COME, IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE ANYTHING MAJOR AND MY CHEST XRAY WAS NORMAL. SO NOW I'M WORRYING THAT WHEN I GET THERE THAT THEY ARE GOING TO CANCEL MY SURGERY ON TOP OF THE NORMAL EMOTIONS I AM FEELING NOW YOU CAN ADD THAT. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY AND A SPEEDY RECOVERY.
lilfatgirlfrommissouri
on 8/13/11 9:18 am - MO
I know its crazy, all these hormones surface very fast its hard to sort them all out :(.. Good luck with your surgery to. :)

Nessy2976
on 8/13/11 9:11 am - MD
 I too am experiencing a lot of emotions.  My surgery is Wednesday and my stomach is a nervous wreck.  It is feeling very real now and I have everything ready, but the anxiety level is high.  Just breath :-)
lilfatgirlfrommissouri
on 8/13/11 9:16 am - MO
Thanks ladies :), Hows the liquid diet? I have to start mine on the 23rd is it hard? I have to do mine for 2 weeks how long is/was yours?

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 10:43 am
I was so NOT sold on surgery even as they wheeled me into the hallway and shot me up with the sleepy drugs. 

If I wouldn't have went through with my surgery and allowed fear to control me, I...

wouldn't be running 6 miles a day.
wouldn't have lost over 100 pounds (the ticker isn't updated)
wouldn't feel so damned good about myself
wouldn't be wearing a size 8/10.

The only negative has been that I've had to spend big bucks on a new wardrobe, on therapy (cause, yeah, there was a reason I got so big), and I feel uncomfortable being ogled and whistled at.
mizzindependent
on 8/13/11 11:40 am
Mine is August the 23rd and weirdly I have somewhat calmed down.  I feel kinda excited.  I'm not sure if that will last long though.  I still have a week left, but 3 weeks ago I was extremely nervous and 2nd guessing my decision, but I know it was my nervous stomach causing that.  I'm sorry to hear about your grandma and congrats on not taking a cig.  Good Luck with your surgery.
lucybecominglucy
on 8/13/11 12:29 pm
 i am feelig the same way here mine is thursday i want it so bad and at the same time i am so worry 
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 326 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics