Fast heart beat

Tessmama_of4
on 8/14/11 10:15 am
So I have a question I am 15 weeks out of surgery and before surgery i could sleep when ever I wanted to. Now after I sleep 6 or 7 hours I wake up my heart is beating fast like 95 96 BPM.. I have to get up other wise I worry about a fast heart rate. Can't really take naps anymore because i feel it is beating to fast. I also have anxiety. The dr never said anything because if i am up and busy it don't bother me. Could it be my matabalism?? Anyone else have this happen??
dolores75
on 8/14/11 10:36 am
I have been having that same thing I am not to sure what that is. I did my blood work and my iron was low ... they gave me a handout on what to look for and that was on the list... you may need to call ur dr and get ur iron level check out!

Tessmama_of4
on 8/14/11 11:08 am
I just had my 3 months blood work done and my iron is low as well!! I did not get a handout I wish I did. But maybe that is what it is. I believe that is what my dizzy spells are from when i get up quick as well..
qnmimi
on 8/14/11 1:58 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Sounds like orthostatic hypotension when you get dizzy when getting up, bending over, etc...Make sure you are well hydrated. Iron helps the hemoglobin in your blood carry oxygen, and even though those counts may be normal, you could be having symptoms of a lower oxygen level. Your heart has to beat faster to get the adequate amount of oxygen your body needs. I'm guessing you are more apt to feel it when lying flat. Poet Kelly or others can probably be a much better resource on supplementation than I am. Yes, anxiety in itself can cause faster heartrates, but that is more episodic, and faster heartrates can cause anxiety too. Consistent symptoms should be thoroughly investigated by your doctor.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 260 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics