Onto new adventures in life!

Laura R.
on 8/14/11 5:56 pm - PA
So, I am learning that with weight loss, comes the courage to do and try new things in life. I am 39, I will be the big 4-0 in October. I have four kids aged 14-21 and have lost 131 pounds in the last 9 months since surgery. I feel great and have about 50 pounds to go to goal. Anyway, I have found a new found courage in life to try new things and to do things I have never done before due to my weight and my own insecurities and fears. I am very excited, albeit a bit embarrassed to say, that I am going to take swimming lessons starting in September at our local JCC. I have been going there for a year and taking water aerobics classes three times a week and working out in the gym, but now, it is time for me to learn how to swim. I never learned as a child and it has been a huge regret, but now, I am not as self conscious in a bathing suit and feel that if I can conquer this weight loss, I can learn to swim. Wish me luck!!!
Laura 

momsal
on 8/14/11 11:01 pm - PA
WOOHOO!!!  Good for you!!!  You can do it!!!!!  Proud of you for wanting to learn !!!
flyingwoman
on 8/14/11 11:03 pm
Awesome!!!! Good for you!
Gail S.
on 8/14/11 11:08 pm - New York, NY
Awesome!! I too feel ready to try new things. Good luck with your swimming lessons!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 300 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?