A new Greek yogurt

bunnicash
on 8/17/11 2:45 am - Sedalia, MO
Okay so I have tried lots of greek yogurts only to see they all tasted yucky to me. But I was watching tv and seen a commercial for Dannonn Oikos Greek Yogurt. Of course they make it look soooo good so when I was at the gracoery store yesterday I picked up 4 of them . I told my self even if I didn't like them I was going to eat them because they have 12gram of protein. Well I ate one last night and I was shocked it was sooooooo good. It didn't taste like all the others I had tried before.  So if you have given up on greek yogurt here may be something you can try and it might just suprise you!
  ~ Be the change you want to see in the world                                        Ashley                                           
jazzycatz
on 8/17/11 2:50 am - Joppa, MD
I was eating the Stonyfield Oikos and I loved it but it is more expensive than all the other Greek yogurts at my market.  I noticed on the Danon commercial that they show the Stonyfield next to theirs.  Not sure if they bought  out Stonyfield or what, but I was excited because the Danon is quite a *****eaper.

I bought a couple and have one for lunch today.  Thanks for the review, I am really hoping I like it as much as I do the other Oikos.

Joanne M.
on 8/17/11 3:02 am - VA
RNY on 03/16/11 with
Did you get the plain or a flavor?  I have never gotten a flavor because of the high sugar content.  I love greek yogurt.  I had one the other day and it had 18g.  I had a few berries and 1 splenda and I'm happy.

Joanne

MusicBum05
on 8/17/11 3:11 am - Warren, OH
I love Chobani Greek Yogurt. They have many different varieties with fruit in it, and others like vanilla and plain and honey (which I avoid). It's all natural, no added sugar. 8oz with fruit is between 110 and 140 cals and 14 to 18g of protein (depending on type). They have 0% and 2% milk fat as well. Also, they donate 10% of profits to worldwide charity! It's made by Con Agra foods in NY.
YankeeRose
on 8/17/11 3:37 am - Meadville, PA
Isn't the sugar content pretty high though? I have been afraid to try yogurt for this reason. I don't know if I dump and I am afraid to find out!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

TXKashmir
on 8/17/11 3:31 am - Grand Prairie, TX
I just LOVE the plain Fage with some Jello Instant SF cheesecake flavor pudding mix - tastes just like the real thing! I sometimes add a bit of SF strawberry jelly - strawberry cheesecake - yum!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

shoven21187
on 8/17/11 3:42 am - Saint Paul, MN
 I cant stand flavoring my own greek yogurt. Makes me gag completely! I buy flavored Chobani because a lot of the sugar, if not all is natural and that doesnt both me at all. Raspberry is my favorite because mixed up it tastes like a regular yogurt. 

MusicBum05
on 8/17/11 3:53 am - Warren, OH
Chobani Strawberry: 140cals, 0g fat, 65mg sodium, 20g carbs, 19g Sugars, 14g protein. The fruit is sweetened with evaporated cane juice. All natural ingredients, no artificial sweeteners, 20% daily calcium and milk not treated with rBST. I eat one every morning for breakfast and have NEVER dumped. Also a correction from my previous post: its made by AgroFarma.
steve D.
on 8/17/11 4:15 am - West Fargo, ND
Fage 0% has 23 grams of protein in 8 ounces.  About 100 calories.  Add a little truvia and you favorite fruit or sugar free jelly and you have a great source of protein. 

I also use it in place of sour cream in recipes.

Steve

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/17/11 5:09 am, edited 8/17/11 5:09 am - OH
Just FYI: the Dannon Greek yogurt is not new (I have been buying it at Walmart for 2 years)... it is just being renamed "Oikos" instead of boring "Dannon Greek Yogurt". Same flavors and stats as the original, just a new name and container graphic.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 336 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 368 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 2 views
Recent Topics