New Size???

Dee2011
on 8/18/11 7:44 pm - PA
I have lost 55# and still wearing most of my 3X clothes, loose as they are.  I did pick up a pair of capris in a 2 X last month.  Well the other day a friend of mine gave me a couple of brand new XL 14-16 polo tops and my golly they fit.  I am amazed.  I just wish that I I would lose  more in my stomach.
psx chelly
on 8/18/11 10:51 pm
Just wanted to say grats on the new size, and let you know there are others (me) who are in the exact same boat as you... however, I have been told that I probably should buy new pants.  I think I am using my cloths as a security blanket.... meh.

seeingthelight
on 8/18/11 10:51 pm
omg I have been complaining of the same thing.  I was wearing a 16 at surgery time but still can fit into my 16s 2 months out even tho i lost 42 lbs they are lose but not falling off me.  I did buy a pair of jeans size 14 that do fit but i was hoping to be down a few sizes by now
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/18/11 11:05 pm - OH
Your sizes will change much more quickly as you get smaller.  I started out in a size 28 pants, and had to lose 50 pounds before I lost the first full clothing size and then had to lose another 40 before I lost the second size, but about 10 pounds is all it took me to drop from a size 12 and a size 10.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

lorilea
on 8/18/11 11:21 pm - MN
I agree with Lora, as you get smaller and smaller you will drop sizes more quickly.  I took some pants in to get the hem shortened and it took a week.  When I took them in most of them fit or were a little too small, by the time I got them back, most of them were too big. 

If you have a Clothes Mentor in your area it's a great place to buy some used clothes that are in good shape and then when they get too big you can sell them back to them.

sandy L.
on 8/19/11 1:10 pm - Altoona, PA
 YEA!  congrats, it's nice to wear smaller clothes.  I'm afraid i'm gonna become a clothes horse.  I've been hitting one of the local resale shops.  It's $5 for a small bag (grocery store size) and $8 for a big bag for clothes, shoes, etc.  All thel money raised goes to people in the community that need it.  My first trip I got 5 pairs of pants and 4 shirts.  I got the pants in fit me now and will in the near future sizes, (LOL)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 535 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 524 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 267 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics