Old Dog Needs New Tricks

stephenie O.
on 8/21/11 4:42 am - TX
My name is Stephy and I had my RNY in September of 2006. I lost roughly 200 lbs and then recently regained 40 (over a yrs time) and I am trying to get motivated again to get it ALLL off. I'm at 235 and could really use some refreshed support and a new outlook on getting back to the basics. I live in an area that has no type of support groups so I am trying to get one started to help me as well as any others trying to live amongst the unsurgeried world.
Please pray for my motivation to remember I am a gastric bypass patient and that I can do this and that I didn't come this far to throw it all out the window and regain.
I need support folks!

Love and Blessings!
Stephy

Stephy
Keep the Faith!!!!!! 

Ladytazz
on 8/21/11 4:58 am
Congratulations on your great weight loss.  You still have your tool to help you lose the weight you want to.  A lot of people post to the thread about what you are eating daily.  It helps to see what others are eating to get some idea for variety and encouragement.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

stephenie O.
on 8/21/11 5:07 am - TX
Thanks LadyTazz, You are so right, I still have my tool.

;0)

Stephy
Keep the Faith!!!!!! 

maggiet
on 8/21/11 5:57 am - Durham, NC
I suggest you start tracking your food again. I use the tracker here on OH but LiveStrong and SparkPeople also have trackers. See what it is you really are eating. Go back to the basics - protein, protein, protein first then other stuff. You can do. You have done it! And you've been very successful. Jsut be miondful that your loss will be slower now than when you first had the surgery and don't feel discousraged by that. it is normal and you are normal. Good luck to you!

AnneGG
on 8/21/11 6:24 am
I know for me, motivation = Just Do It, no matter what I feel like. If I wait until I "feel motivated", I'm going to be waiting a long long time.

So maybe work out a plan that takes small steps and increases slowly, write it down, and have someone work with you and support you in being accountable.

I like tracking- weight, food, and exercise. Also holds me accountable. About exercise- I hate it, probably always will, but I know for me it is essential and non-negotiable.

Me- I'm an food addict and a congenital weasel. Just am, I know that about myself, and so I plan accordingly. I set goals, and keep working at stretching myself out of my comfort zone. Don't always succeed, but at least I am most of the time. Then that becomes motivation. Just Do It never seems to get easier for me, but I haven't figured out any other way. One day, one moment, one choice at a time.

Go for it!!! You can do it!!!!!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 423 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 239 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?