Bariatric Aftercare Symposium

Barbara C.
on 8/21/11 2:22 am - Raleigh, NC

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who came to the Bariatric Aftercare Symposium at the Raleigh One Step at a Time monthly support group meeting yesterday.  The symposium was focused on ways to succeed longterm after bariatric surgery. Each presenter brought something special to the event:

Dr. Eric DeMaria of New Hope Wellness Center in Raleigh NC, introduced his newly launched center for total bariatric aftercare, New Hope Wellness Center in Raleigh NC which is providing comprehensive support for bariatric patients with a focus on the whole patient and long term aftercare.

Author Dawn Adams shared techniques from her new book, Weight! That's not the Issue which help us find ways to identify and manage stressors to more effectively deal with the issues that can contribute to emotional eating.

Dr. Martin Binks of Binks Behavioral Health spoke about tools and techniques we can use to identify and remove barriers that can stop us from making the changes necessary to support the healthy lifestyle we want to live.

Author and motivational speaker Barbara Thompson spoke of her personal journey and experiences as an WLS patient as well as sharing strategies for attaining and maintaining long term success. 

It seemed like the time flew by and I wish that we could have a couple of more hours. I really appreciate the time the presenters took to speak with our group. 

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 417 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?