Surgery date 9/9

Renee2be
on 8/21/11 2:42 am - NC
I am so excited, anxious and scared.   All at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!

Pre op diet isnt bad,  its the liver shrinking diet for 2 weeks prior which is coming up fast, actually been working myself into it for a week and a half and have lost 7 lbs.  I am off caffeine, withdrawal done, no sodas in 3 weeks, no sweets in 3 weeks........

I was having trouble with  my sugar dropping so Surgery center ok'd adding back some extra things to diet as long on approved lis.t
hoping to go strictly by the diet without sugar drops starting tomorrow.

Time is flying so fast i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!

What was your weight loss like say the first 3 months after surgery.  I know my body is oging to change radically and quickly, that is the part i am having trouble getting my mind around.

SouthernFriedIssues
on 8/21/11 2:59 am, edited 8/21/11 3:00 am
Hi Renee!

Being a little ahead of you in line for surgery, I was on a 3 week diet prior to the living shrinking diet.  The three week diet was just no soft drinks, low fat, high protein.  I lost 12.5 lbs on that.  I've been on the liver shrinking diet now (another 3 weeks) for about 10 days.  I've lost another 8lbs on that.  I am struggling with my blood sugar as well.  I feel very dizy.  I have started having a couple bites of fruit or some peanut butter (only a smidge) to get through the day.   I don't thnk my liver is going to balloon with that..LOL.

Time really is going fast.  Before you know it--we'll be on the other side!  We are (roughly) the same weight....it will be interesting to see how we do individually.  Keep me posted!

By the way, I found a GREAT protein flavor this week.  Nectar (individual serving packets)..in Roadside Lemonade.  It is STELLAR!

GOOD LUCK!

Surgery date 8/31/2011 Starting Weight 278/ Surgery Weight 262 Current Weight 178
Goal Wht 165.....ONEDERLAND REACHED 1-27-12

~Women who behave themselves rarely make history~  
Stephanie M.
on 8/21/11 4:49 am - Los Angeles, CA
 Renee,
To me, the pre-op diet was the hardest because you still have the same size stomach, and since I was only allowed to have liquids, I was hungry all the time! So just know, if you're doing so well with the pre-op stuff, you'll do very well after surgery! Congrats on your decision to change your life!!

Steph

true2me.2011
on 8/21/11 5:53 am - OH

It is wonderful that you are prepping yourself for the journey you will begin after the surgery.  Go ful speed ahead now and the rest will be cinch.  My surgery is two days before you, so hopefully, I will be able to respond to your anxiety based on my experience.  Take care.

Renee2be
on 8/21/11 9:34 am - NC
Awesome my dad's birthday is Sept 7th.  Just a neat lil coincidence.  I look forward to making this journey with you guys!!!!!!!1

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 276 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics