Sorry TMI, but I need help!!!

kevinj
on 8/22/11 5:51 am - NY
This morning I woke and had to have a bowel movement bad. It was loose and very large (I know TMI,but...) After I did I got HORRIBLE/SEVERE cramps and burning, started sweating profusly (dripping off of my face) and then started dry heaving for the next 5 minutes. It turned into a burning sensation from my pouch down and is still not feeling right. Does anyone know what happened or experienced anything similar? It was 12 hours since I had eaten so it shouldn't have been anything like that.

MastoDon
on 8/22/11 6:00 am - Los Gatos, CA
You and I have lost about the same amount of weight following our surgeries.  I must say that I have never experienced anything like what you describe in your post.  Oh, sure, there have been the occasional cramps and the seemingly stone-hard stools, but never the sort of pain you had.  Or the sweating.

I think it advisable for you to schedule a meet with your PCP and discuss this.  There are probably a host of reasons that would explain it, but the problem is, most of those explanations would be bad.

What you NEVER want to hear from a doctor is something like, "Gee, I wish you had come to me with this six months ago."

Learning to swim was easy.  The hard part was getting out of that burlap sack.  Those rocks were heavy.
High: 310    Surgery day: 282     Goal: 190     Current: 178

maggiet
on 8/22/11 7:07 am - Durham, NC
Sounds to me more like some kind of stomach virus. I second the PCP visit if you are still feeling bad. Or at least a call...

Carebearny1999
on 8/22/11 12:09 pm - Rochester, NY
I had the SAME thing (minus the heaving--instead I kept running for the bathroom all day) 4 days ago.  It passed fairly quickly (an hour or so) but then the rest of the day I just felt blah and not right.  Debated calling the dr. and didn't.  Glad I didn't 'cause I was better the next day.  I second that this is our new "stomach bug" symptoms.  The hot/flushing/sweating was pretty scary!!  

Debbie C.
on 8/22/11 1:41 pm - Manchester, NH
Wow, weird. I had something similar just today. Tired all day, just didn't feel right. Had a bit of a stomach ache, went to the bathroom and did my thing, but had to push a little. Felt sweaty, nauseous and miserable. Went straight to bed, curled up in the fetal position, was suddenly cold but could not move. Then I felt like I had to go again. I dragged myself back to the bathroom, but nothing. Still nauseous with body aches and my head pounding, I went back to bed. Fell into an uncomfortable sleep for about an hour, then woke up and now I'm just fine. A 3 hour stomach flu? Severe dumping? Although I didn't eat anything out of the norm. Good luck to you!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 418 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 156 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?