P28 Bread?

floatinghearts1
on 8/23/11 7:37 am - Fresno, CA
Is there anywhere other than the P28 website to buy P28 bread? I would really like to buy some, but I don't want to buy 4 loaves of bread at a time since I can barely eat one slice of bread at a time and I've heard that the P28 bread is way more filling than regular whole wheat. I love making myself little half sandwiches when I'm on the go or to take for lunch at work, but I know the carbs from regular bread are killing me and the sandwich doesn't make for a very high protein meal.

Thanks!

GastricKitty
on 8/23/11 7:41 am - VA
Have you tried using low-carb tortillas and making sandwich wraps instead of using bread?
GastricKitty
on 8/23/11 7:43 am - VA
Or even using sandwich meat as your "bread".
Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/23/11 7:45 am - Baltimore, MD
Kitty, this bread actually has really good stats. 14g of protein per slice and I forget the carbs but it is lower than some tortillas out there.

It just feels like chewing a wash cloth is all. Way high gluten.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

floatinghearts1
on 8/23/11 7:50 am - Fresno, CA
I do the tortilla thing sometimes, but sometimes I just want bread. And the whole sandwich meat as the bread is unappetizing to me because it feels slimy and the texture of just meat and cheese kind of grosses me out (haha). Also, I need a little extra something besides meat and cheese to fill me up, otherwise I'd be eating a whole lot of sandwich innards to get full! Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Karen O.
on 8/23/11 10:18 am - Weirton, WV
 LOVE the lo-carb tortillas... plus I can make pizza with them! Yum-o! 

But for the original question - yes - you can get it at Netrition: http://www.netrition.com/nutribreads_p28.html

~Karen
HW - 340   SW - 320 (3/15/11)   CW - 225   GW - 150       
Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/23/11 7:44 am - Baltimore, MD
You can buy it from Netrition ($4.95 flat rate shipping) but I hate the stuff! It's like chewing terrycloth!
floatinghearts1
on 8/23/11 7:47 am - Fresno, CA
Thanks for the info, Nik. That's another reason I don't want to buy 4 loaves, what if I hate it too? But it seems silly to spend 4 bucks on their "trial pack" that includes 2 slices of bread.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/23/11 7:50 am - Baltimore, MD
To give a more balanced view, here is the official Bariatric Foodie review of the stuff (done by my former partner Jen who liked it):

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2010/09/bf-review-p-28-p rotein-bread.html

I, on the other hand, still have most of the loaf I bought in the freezer. I did a few recipes using it (search p-28 on the search box) but yeah...not a big fan. Netrition does individual loaves.

You can use the search box down the bottom of BF (on the right hand side) to search for the bread.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

floatinghearts1
on 8/23/11 7:51 am - Fresno, CA
I actually read this review not long ago, which is part of what made me want to try it, but I do know a lot of people find the bread unappealing, too.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics