Why in the hot pajamas didn't I realize what true devil food is

NIXMOMMIE
on 8/24/11 4:32 am - NC
I was dying for a baked potatoe.  I went to Wendy's, they were out of this deliscious devil orbs.  So I passed the work place and went 2 miles out of my way to another Wendy's and purchased the little ball of fire.  I also go chili and extra cheese to complete my soon to be murderous meal.
I got report from the off going therapist and warmed up my goodies.  Well, let me say, I was sooooo delish.  But five minutes after eating the damned dish, I was so lethargic I could not move.  I am so stupid I never related my severe little tired spells with what I was eating.  You see my friends, Norma does not dump.  But I have realized I have a serious SERIOUS SERIOUS sensitivity to ALL THINGS WHITE.  It took one of my nurse friends to point it out to me.  I am swearing off all things WHITE.   White food  is of the DEVIL .
So having said this.  I will never eat white bread again.  No more grilled cheese on sour dough.  But I am down 6lbs since I hid the snacks, for all those *****member when I had to have a self inflicted intervention.  Scale is moving.  Have a great day guys.

Sue M.
on 8/24/11 4:40 am - Nantucket, MA
OMG - it's so good you realized this before worse happened to you.  I have landed in the ER twice thanks to the evil white stuff.  The ER?  White stuff?  HUH? you wonder. 

GAS.  EXCRUCIATING horrible thought I was having an internal hernia, gall bladder attack, or perferated colon.  HOURS of pain.  X-rays, Ct-scans... NOTHING.  Morphine helped.  and then I farted.  relief.

I was embarassed enough the first time it happened.... presumably due to a big soft pretzel that I ate, but how could I know?? (I mean, I know I shouldn't eat one of those by myself, but I'm a person who has eaten white carbs in moderation with no problem...)  I'd never expect that I'd be ER bound with pain that had me doubled over.

But for it to happen again??  Oy Vey.  No pretzel this time...but it happened after a week of "comfort food" after a family death.  and it all ended with a fart.

So yes, I do occasionally eat the white stuff still, but I have to seriously think about it first.
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
docd
on 8/24/11 4:42 am - AZ
 I am swearing off all things WHITE.

Uhhh................some of us are nice.
(and low cal)
NIXMOMMIE
on 8/24/11 4:44 am - NC
LOL.  I know right???  All things, not ALL PEOPLE.

curvaceousdiva
on 8/24/11 4:46 am - Hyattsville, MD
LMAO
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
laura_vermont
on 8/24/11 4:47 am
Did you see my oreo post?  I hear you.  I'm also down 6lbs since this started, but I'll take it back.

High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

NIXMOMMIE
on 8/27/11 6:41 am - NC
Laura, I did read your Oreo post.  I was in tears but we all fight our fights.  LOL  Good luck to you.

D-J
on 8/24/11 5:37 am
LMAO...............
tinkerbell025
on 8/24/11 6:36 am - Fargo, ND
some ppl find themselves on the floor,sofa,bed etc.. myself I have a hard time getting away from the table it hits me so fast.

Most call this carb coma, mine lasts for about 2 hrs,then I am good to go again.

I also suffer very LOOoowwww blood sugars. My doctor finally figured out I was not getting enough fat or carbs in my diet and has had me increase them. I do this by way of crackers mostly and a couple BITES of potato here and there. THe comas have gotten better but not perfect. Sometimes the blood sugars are better too.

The things we learn and have to remember. Sure we forget and do those evil things because we need that reminder, and yes several of them! LOL
Kelly/tink
Maintaining! Start weight 257,Current weight 122,Loss of 135# and 114 inches,Size 22-24W now size 4 to 0 (zero),Healthy life=Priceless

www.onetruemedia.com/shared
AnneGG
on 8/24/11 6:50 am
LMAO, too!

I sure get the carb comas and I dump on ice cream. Several times. I'm one of those that have got to be hit upside the head several times before I learn, and even then I will sometimes play with the devil...

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 258 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics