FEET

Jacobsmama08
on 8/24/11 12:58 am - Morgan Hill, CA
OK. This may be totally unrelated to my weight loss , but I am wondering, is any one else having foot issues? I have had some sort of fungus on my feet, for, well, it started slightly after my surgery, I'd say about 3 months ago. I've been to my regular PCP, and a podiatrist, twice, everytime getting a new 'script that doesn't help! I started out with itching and dryness and invested in every OTC antifungal I could get my hands on. My husband says " oh, that's just athlete's foot"  well, it aint. After no success with the OTC stuff I went to my PCP and then to the podiatrist, and I think I have stumped them. After my second visit to my PCP, she told me that an oral anti-fungal would do the trick but she was afraid to give it to me, because of my surgery and how hard the oral anti-fungal is on the liver. Ahhhh! Basically she asked if I could just live with it?!?! NO!!  My feet now are still itchy and dry, so dry they are cracking down the middle, like in the arch area. I can barely walk on them some days, I have to lube them up with neosporin with pain relief and big bandaids just to be able to get my shoes on and walk around. It's ridiculous!!!  I wonder if any of this has to do with the weight loss, only because I've heard, and experienced crazy periods, which to me seemed off the wall to, at the time, til mine started going crazy.  So!! ANYONE?? HELP?!?!?!

Highest weight :412, Weight on surgery day (5/2/11): 370.

Jenny_D
on 8/24/11 1:10 am - Canton, GA
Try a dermatologist. They are the skin experts, after all. It might not be fungal. It could be eczema.
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

Kim H.
on 8/24/11 1:25 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
Try the dermatologist like suggested and check to see if it's something that can be harbored in your shoes or bathroom. You may need to do some disinfecting...

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
Jacobsmama08
on 8/24/11 8:16 am - Morgan Hill, CA
Yes. Dermatologist. Good suggestion! Never thought of that. Gonna try this Vicks thing, and if I'm still suffering, I'm gonna go see a dermatologist. Fer sure. Thanks for the suggestion! And no, my bathrooms are immaculate. It's a 'thing' of mine... LOL

KatCooper
on 8/24/11 1:45 am - Collierville, TN
I have a similar issue.  Try Vick Vapor rub.  Slather it on immedieately after you get out of the tub/shower in the am and put a pair of old socks on until you are readyto get dressed.  Wipe of the excess and wear your normal shoes.  In the evening, slather it on again and sleep in a pair of socks. ( I usually kick my socks off sometime in the night, but by then the vapor rub has soaked in.)   Once you get it under control you only have to do it a few times a week.   If you are wearing flip flo***** socks it will make the problems much worse.   I have had this cure toe fungus as well.  :)  Good luck, I know it is frustrating!!!!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Jacobsmama08
on 8/24/11 8:13 am - Morgan Hill, CA
Great. Thanks! I will try this tonight! Putting Vicks on my grocery list as we speak!! Awesome. Hope it works for me!!

Blondie76
on 8/24/11 1:52 am - AL
I have a couple products that may help, send me a pm if you want the info. I'm more than happy to share, just don't think the moderators would appreciate a business post on here.
Jacobsmama08
on 8/24/11 8:14 am - Morgan Hill, CA
Thanks for your offer, gonna try this Vicks trick, and if it doesn't work, I will pm you.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics