Ongoing clothes shopping fun

seattledeb
on 8/24/11 4:05 pm
I forget sometimes how wonderful shopping is. I can walk in to Nordstrom's and buy anything off the rack. It's also kinda of scary/spending a lot of money thing..but a fun thing none the less.
Deb T.

AnneGG
on 8/24/11 4:36 pm
You go, girlfriend! I'm with you! They're putting in a Nordstrom Rack near where I live and i'm so excited cause though I love Nordstrom's, my pocketbook doesn't. Isn't it nice to be in smaller clothes??? Woot!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

rlw99
on 8/24/11 4:49 pm - Oakland, CA
Oh yes, I hear you! I've been doing far too much shopping this summer! But loving the fact that I can wear pretty much anything I want now!

samsander
on 8/24/11 5:19 pm - CA
Right on S.D.!

Mary SW 273  CW 158  GW 160

janet2921
on 8/24/11 5:24 pm - Chicago, IL
I agree!!  I shopped at a Nordstrom's Rack for the very first time this summer!  Fun Fun Fun!!!

Janet
"Respect the pouch & embrace the scale."

cent100

SweetGirl11
on 8/24/11 5:44 pm
Deb, isn't it great????  The weird thing is that I sometimes, without thinking, look at clothes in a catalogue and look to see if they have size 3x.  Old habits die hard, I guess!

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

seattledeb
on 8/24/11 7:58 pm
I picked up a sized 22 swimsuit. I really though it would fit. The saleslady was nice but I could tell she was somewhat aghast. I tried it on...PLENTY of booty room!
I ended up buy a miracle suit in a size 16. It supports the girls and hides all sort of ...hmm..interesting areas!
And once I had the swimsuit..I  HAD to have the white soft pull up/drawstring pants and then i HAD to have 2 new pairs of sandals. The whole time the Mrs. is smiling like a Cheshire cat...buy them..buy them.
What could I do...I didn't want to make her sad. I'm willing to buy excessive/expensive clothes to make her happy...I'm a giver like that.
Deb t

SweetGirl11
on 8/24/11 8:35 pm
It's so nice to see how sacrificial you are and the lengths you will go to to make your spouse happy!!! :D

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

dasie
on 8/24/11 9:28 pm
I bought a few items last night.  You are exactly right.  Prior to having this surgery even at times when I had dieted and lost significant amounts of weight, I hated buying clothes.  The thing I love about shopping now is the availability of really nice looking clothes at very low prices from Walmart, Target, TJ Maxx....

mrslatch
on 8/24/11 9:46 pm - Fort Campbell, KY
I love being able to do this too! Best ever!
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?