7 days out with the tv your enemy and anxiety making you want to eat

lucybecominglucy
on 8/24/11 10:09 pm
 hi everyone i just notice yesterday  how delicate our minds are after surgery i notice that everything on TV shows food or is about food wish is not good for us since were acquiring a new life habit lets face it when a commercial comes on all i think  is wow look at all this food and get anxy i decided  to stop washing TV at least the ones with commercials that trigger my anxiety because i don't feel hungry and i am happy without insulin that feeling of having to eat is easier to get trigger by TV or the wrong people around you so now i just read write a journal and here and go out for walks after all i am not the same is a new life a new beginning  so when you feel anxiety kicking in kick it out remember this is our dream achieved and were getting there 
Kim H.
on 8/24/11 11:25 pm - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
I can relate to that. I had to block the Food Network since it was making me crazy! lol It's getting a little better since I'm learning to focus on what I'm gaining from not eating rather than losing the food. Little by little...change is possible.

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
hlacy
on 8/25/11 4:02 am - Chandler, AZ
I'm a week out yesterday and it's killing me, too! Two of my favorite shows are Restaurant:Impossible and The Great Food Truck Race, which have been sooo hard to watch. And all the cooking shows, UGH! Part of me tries to think of ways to make that food something I could eat, but most of the time I just feel defeated and it makes me wonder why I did this to myself, so I turn the channel and get over it. LOL...I'm also dreading going back to work and seeing all the potlucks and other food!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics