Feel like I'm falling off the bandwagon...

T. Deeds
on 8/25/11 1:13 am
Uugh, I've been having a really bad past few days!  I've been so tired and unmotivated to exercise and have been eating practically non-stop.  I want to nip this behavior in the bud and get back on the bandwagon, but I need some motivation!  Help!

Nessy2976
on 8/25/11 1:16 am - MD
 Well....we all have bad days, but when it turns into 2, 3 or 4 days....you need to REBOOT!!  Just forgive yourself first....I think that is the key.  We get down on ourselves, which in turn will make some eat more and feel bad and eat more and feel bad.  STOP the train and get off today.  Tell yourself you missed your stop and just go from there.  You know you can do it 
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
Dave Chambers
on 8/25/11 1:31 am - Mira Loma, CA
Virtually all post ops have "off days". You just don't want it to become a habit.  The first 6 months is so very important, as this is when you'll lose most of your weight.  I've met post ops at support groups who failed to follow protocol, and begin attending support groups around 1 year post op, with only about an 80 pound wt loss.  They all appeared like they could have lost another 50 pounds or more.  You've put your body through surgery, and it's a shame not to maximize the use of this "tool"--your RNY surgery.  Try making a list of things you'll be able to do when you are close to your potential goal wt.  Set mini goals, and you can celebrate often. It's a process with ups and downs, and takes time. Good luck. Dave

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Jeanne T.
on 8/25/11 1:36 am
I agree totally with Dave, I love when he says to celebrate OFTEN!!!.  I think that's part of all our issues.  We need to stop and continually take a look at how far we have come and no matter what stage in the journey we are on.  Just keep moving forward. 

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 5:09 am
My daily exercise is what I hang everything else around. As someone here said, the hardest part of exercise is putting on your exercise shoes. I hate doing it but it is what makes me feel better and more motivated the rest of the day to follow through with eating workably and well. It puts me into a positive cycle as opposed to a familiar depressive cycle, and I hate the depressive cycle even more than I hate exercise.

So I would suggest lacing on your shoes and Just Doing It. I am never motivated to exercise, so I can't wait for that. But it's a good place to start back after forgiving yourself.

And do keep taking advantage of your honeymoon phase- remember why you had the surgery in the first place!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Don't let your feelings run your show!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics