14 months out - Hungry all the time

Onmyweightohappine
ss

on 8/25/11 5:00 am - Houston, TX
I am 14 months post op now. Down 110 lbs, about 10-20 lbs from goal.
I track my food intake everyday, stay around 900-1200 calories a day, minimum of 60 grams of protein a day, drink 80 oz or more of water a day, work out 5-6 days a week,  been doing this for months and months now.

Lately I have been noticing I feel hungry all the dang time, I am not eating anymore than I normally would, my portions have stayed the same.

Anyone else experience this where they feel like they could eat 24/7 ? It's driving me batty! Wondering if I need to do the 5 day pouch test maybe? Should I up my calories?
 Follow my blog at:
onmyweightohappiness.blogspot.com/                             

poet_kelly
on 8/25/11 5:04 am - OH
I would at least keep your calories close to 1200 than 900, but I bet you could increase them a bit and still lose the weight you still want to lose.  Especially if you are working out that often.

Are you just eating three times a day or do you eat more often?  Do you get protein with every  meal/snack?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Onmyweightohappine
ss

on 8/25/11 5:12 am - Houston, TX
I actually eat 5 times a day. I have breakfast which is typically my greek yogurt, mid morning snack which is either some fruit or a veggie, lunch which I have a frozen meal with veggies, late afternoon snack is a fiber bar, then dinner which is meat, veggie and a few tablespoons of a side dish. Protein is always on the top of my list whatever I eat, my snacks obviously aren't high in protein, but fiber bars help keep me regular.
Maybe I should start doing protein bars or shakes for my snacks? That's an idea. I stopped doing both of those because I get my protein in with my foods.
Not sure if this is a phase or what, just driving me crazy lately! I
 Follow my blog at:

poet_kelly
on 8/25/11 5:19 am - OH
Sometimes you just  need to experiment with different things to find what works for you.  I think I would try adding some protein to your snacks.  Like if you like fruit for a snack, eat it with a piece of cheese or a little peanut butter or something.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Alice P.
on 8/25/11 5:16 am
I felt that way too around that time frame. I would recommend eating more, aiming for 80-100 grams of protein a day and listening to your body! I was more likely to eat junk food when I was hungry all the time--not that I eat more often instead of sticking to X number of times a day I make wiser choices in what I eat and don't crave the bad stuff much anymore (except when hormonal!)
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Onmyweightohappine
ss

on 8/25/11 5:18 am - Houston, TX
It might be worth a shot to increase my protein again and maybe start doing 1 protein bar a day to jump my proteins. It's worth a shot, just wanted to know if I was the only one going through this or what!
 Follow my blog at:

Alice P.
on 8/25/11 5:34 am
You would be better off adding dense protein to your daily intake--it is more filling and less calories than a protein bar.

I agree with Kelly that I would add some form of protein to all your snacks.  String cheese, greek yogurt, kashi cereal etc.

Onmyweightohappine
ss

on 8/25/11 5:39 am - Houston, TX
I have a greek yogurt every morning for breakfast.
I will try eating some cheese or having some peanut butter on some celery or something. Totally makes sense as to why I would be hungry because just plain veggies for a snack isn't very filling, although cucumbers I find filling and that's been my snack lately. But my fiber bar in the afternoon isn't very filling.
 Follow my blog at:

Alice P.
on 8/25/11 7:32 am
I also find if I eat just carbs it makes me way hungrier than if I have some protein or fat with it-- IE I will eat part of an apple with peanut butter or carrots with peanut butter or pretzels and string cheese

laurajeann
on 8/25/11 6:41 am - Waterbury, CT
I am almost one year out - and I am episodically hungry, but that is usually resolved by eating something ...  I am only CONSTANTLY hungry when I eat too much carbs..i.e. if I have crackers, or a granola bar or something, I continue to be hungry throughout the day .... 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views