Where are you in your journey? Are you satisfied? What can you do to improve?

NIXMOMMIE
on 8/25/11 5:32 am, edited 8/25/11 5:32 am - NC
I have lost a total of 77lbs.  I had surgery on 03/30/11.  I lost 13lbs prior to surgery.  I was a little dissappointed with my loss, but I have never lost so much in 4.5 mos.  So, I guess I am very happy with my results.  I know I have more to come and I will have more hurdles as well, but over all I couldn't be more optimistic.  I know I do much better when there are fewer snacks in the house.  When I am busy.  When the scale is moving.  When my life seems to be on track.  When I track my food and drinks.
I am trying to limit protein shakes, but I find I really need that 32g protein boost in the morning.
I hope we can all overcome the obstacles that come with this life changing event.
Currently I am at 213.  I weighed 206 when I delivered my son 20 yrs ago.  I can't wait to hit that goal.

Waysta
on 8/25/11 6:13 am - TX
I had surgery 11-15-10....I have lost 110 lbs since I started my journey.  I feel I am a SLOW loser, but I am really proud of where I am.  I have not weighed less than 300 lbs. for about 30 years.  I would like to lose about 30 more lbs., but if I stop today, I am SO much better off than I was !!!!!  To improve what I am doing, I need to watch my carbs, calories, and protein.  Now that I am back at work (teacher)  I feel I will do better with everything.  I have my ups and downs and get discouraged with the non movement of the scale......but I WILL GET THERE !!!!!    I can't wait to be in onederland !!!!!
Slow and steady !!!!  Have a Blessed Day !!!!!!                             
curvaceousdiva
on 8/25/11 6:21 am - Hyattsville, MD
Im about 16 months in my journey.  Im WAAY past goal and somewhat hell unhappy with being this thin/boney.  Im around 123 pounds.  Honestly, I dont track anything or exercise and praying for regain or bounceback.

Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
PTM
on 8/25/11 6:38 am
I'm just a little over 6 months post-op, and as of the last time I checked (about 2 wks ago), I was down 86 lbs with about 74 more to go. I've had a couple of stalls that were frustrating, but I'm learning not to focus so closely on the scale. In fact, I gave my scale to a friend to keep for me until I feel more capable of having it in the house. So I have to make an effort to go to my surgeon's office to weigh myself.

The best thing I've done since surgery is to get involved with a therapy group. There are six of us working with a therapist to understand and change our emotional connections with food. We did a 6-week session, now we're on a 2-wk break and will start up again after Labor Day. It's making a huge difference in my outlook and ability to handle the day-to-day stresses than I used to bury under tons of food. My husband says he sees a difference in my overall attitude and says I'm not as quick to (over)react to things.

The thing I really would like to get better at is exercise. I hate-hate-hate to exercise and haven't been doing it, which I'm sure annoys my nutritionist and fitness trainer (these are part of the 2-year follow-up with my surgeon's practice). Now that I have more energy, I do more stuff around the house and yard (which counts as exercise, I think?), but as far as an organized, focused exercise program...not so much.
Margaret   HW: 342    SW: 320    CW:  228    GW:  175    3          
floatinghearts1
on 8/25/11 7:05 am - Fresno, CA
I'm about 9 1/2 months out and almost 135 pounds down... started at 310 the day before surgery and am currently hovering between 175 and 180. I am very pleased with how things are going, i've had very few complications and a pretty easy time adjusting to my new lifestyle. I am, however, very anxious and eager for these last 20 pounds to come off and have been losing at a snail's pace the last few months. I do exercise regularly and am currently training for my first 5k in October. My biggest downfall is and always has been carbs. Generally I try to keep them under 100 a day, but I could be better about that. I also tend to drink my calories (damn you, starbucks!!!) But always stay under 1200 calories a day and burn around 300-500 calories 4 days a week in the gym. I guess I just need to keep doing what i'm doing and eventually those last pounds will come off.

AnneGG
on 8/25/11 7:20 am
I feel pretty pleased with where I am for the most part. I'm working my program faithfully, and so far it's working for me. I have lost 100+ pounds and have been at goal for 3+ months. I love being this thin and healthy- it's done wonders for my outlook and self-confidence.

My program: running 5 miles a day 6 days out of 7, eating as protein rich as I can 100+ grams/ day, 800-1000 calories at maintenance , 6 small meals a day with no drinking for 30 minutes after, vitamins, weighing myself daily, and measuring and charting as much as I can. Oh, and occasional binges on Triscuits and WW ice cream bars. It doesn't seem to ever get easier, but at least I'm into the rhythm of it no matter what I feel like unless I'm sick. I work very hard at staying out of my head and not letting my feelings run my show. I'm far from perfect, but I'm proud of my process and my progress.

Being in and facilitating support groups keeps me honest!

The good lord willing and the creek don't rise, I intend to keep putting one sneakered foot in front of the other!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Bralen
on 8/25/11 8:09 am
I am pleased with my weight loss so far. Being 6 months out I am struggling with being able to eat a little more and that messes with my head a bit. Mostly my struggle is mental. Afraid I'll never stop wanting to overeat and know I will be able to soon. It's a strange journey.
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 8/25/11 8:20 am - Belleville, IL
I am a wee bit over a year out...I am beyond happy with my RNY! I have had NO complications, no problems and MOST importantly my health has really improved!

I used to nbe in a wheelchair with a service dog and now I actually go to the gym and do bodybuilding! There are before and after photos in my Profile.

I have no trigger foods or problems with foods...Not worried about my weight because "bounceback weight" is very common around the 18-24 month mark. Also, since I bodybuild, I have nice curves and no loose skin. :) Wheee!

What can I do to improve??? Honestly? Nothing. Not to sound conceited, but I am happy with everything about my RNY. I can eat like a Normal person now without being hungry or gaining weight. I was on 22 prescription meds and am down to 5. I and my surgeon call it a total sucess.

Warmly,
Jackie

Angela R.
on 8/25/11 10:20 am - Jewett City, CT
I had surgery on Jan 3 2011... I am down 82 lbs and going up 2lbs and down 2 up 2 down 2.. Driving me nuts. I'm not really eating as healthy as I could.. I need to go see my doctor. I missed my 6 month.. And have not done labs.. It's all me... totally not the bypass....
Angela 
Revision Surgery from Lapband to Gastric Bypass... 1/3/11
Start 290 / Now 208/oal 180 (Doctor set goal)

ladybugnessa
on 8/25/11 12:02 pm - Owings Mills, MD
Congrats on your success so far..remember losing weight will not fix the other problems in your life... my soon to be ex husband is proof of that...

I'm nearly 2 years out and I'm very pleased... I am only 5'2" so take that into consideration. I am also 51 not 21 or even 31 and please note that too..

Where am I in maintenence now..

RNY  on 9/22/09  (2 yrs next month)
weight the morning of surgery 256
weight this morning 138.8
weight range currently 135-140

the bulk of my loss was in the first 11 months.. but I was 160 or so at a year out...  and figured I was done. I was walkinjg 3 times a week for 30-45 minutes at a time and doing yoga 3 times a week for an hour.. I also was lifting weights twice a week but I gave the weights up.. right now I am not doing any exercising as I continue to recover from two surgeries this summer.. one planned one not...

in March 2011 I weighed about 155 and had two plastic surgery consults. I picked a PS surgeon and scheduled surgery for June 23.. I weighed 150 the morning of surgery I had an adominalplasty an a mastopexy (tummy tuck and breast lift) and he took 5 pounds of skin... I weighed 142 or so about six weeks later and then I went on my vacation and ended up in a strange hospital having a strange surgeon repair a perforated ulcer that was clearly related to the RNY two years ago... I spent 5 days in the hospital and was NOTHING by mouth for 8 days.. then clear liquids and full liquids and now 3 weeks later no longer on death's door... (yes ulcers can kill you) I am at 138 pounds up from a too scrawny 135...

would I have RNY again.. you bet...
am I happy... YEP YEP YEP... very very very happy...

Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views