Oh #2 where are you???

ssgoodri
on 8/27/11 2:51 am
Hi everyone,
So I only had a 3 day pre op liquid diet to deal with, had my surgery on Monday and I haven't went #2 since before the pre op diet.  When I asked at the hospital they said it took some time for all my insides to "wake up" and function normally again so I shouldn't be too worried, however that was 4 days ago.

Anyone else have issues going #2 after surgery?  Is it something I should be concerned with right now?  I know the pain pills cause constipation as well as lack of food intake, but it has been around 11 days with nothing coming out that end :(

Hopefully I shouldn't worry about it, but thought I would see if anyone else had issues

Thanks again!
We've only just begun!  

poet_kelly
on 8/27/11 2:58 am - OH
I had the opposite problem right after surgery.

If it's been 11 days, you might wanna try some Mirilax or something.  Do you feel stopped up?  Are you uncomfortable?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jacobsmama08
on 8/27/11 3:24 am - Morgan Hill, CA
Oh yesss... I was right there where you are... first few days of nothing, no problem, but after that, it started getting a little unconfortable... Definitely get a stool softener, or a laxative to get things going, the longer you wait for it to happen the harder it'll be to get it out.  Literally! And from this point forward I would definitely recommend a fiber supplement. I still have trouble if I don't take my fiber regularly, and I'm almost 4 months out.. It's just a matter of ALOT of protein going in and not much else. I have noticed since I've started eating a little bit of fruit and veggies it is easier,  but still taking my fiber, as a back up. LOL. Good luck!

Highest weight :412, Weight on surgery day (5/2/11): 370.

Proudtobaloser
on 8/27/11 3:29 am - Fayetteville, NC
ok not bragging but NOPE. the gas started on day 3 and the poos started last night. Drink more water, it should help move things along. I always have a bottle of water in my hand EXCEPT at mealtimes. then again meals are still liquids.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

Lisa R.
on 8/27/11 3:39 am - CA
 I am 4 months out, I poop once a week.  ONCE A WEEK!  been that way every since surgery.  I have tried all the fiber and softeners and nothing helps.  I live with it because it doesn't hurt, I'm not constipated.  When I do get to go it comes easy.   I guess I just am going to be like this.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Ladytazz
on 8/27/11 4:10 am
Ask your doctor if it's ok to use Milk of Magnesia.  That stuff saved me in the beginning.  Now I use Miralax every day, along with magnesium oxide 500mg twice a day and at least 25 grams of fiber and I am as regular as clockwork.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

seeingthelight
on 8/27/11 4:13 am
After my surgery it was about 1 week before I went and it was with "help" after that i have been very regular 1-2 times a day and normal not to loose or to hard I may be one of the lucky ones but I did have take meds to get it working at 1st
Kathy M.
on 8/27/11 8:20 am - summershade, KY
My moved 3 days after surgery but I did bowel softer the day I came home

Kathy M

gabbyabby
on 8/27/11 8:21 am
 The no sugar added Edys real fruit pops make me go poo very well.  I might have to eat 2 a day, but it works.  What ever you do do not eat 4 in one day  even if it is with in 24 hours they will make you run to the potty.  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 525 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?