Thiamine dificiency? B100's ?

Jennifer M.
on 8/26/11 8:18 am - NC
My nutritionist believes that I may have a thiamine dificiency (sp?) and recommended that I take some B100's.  I am looking at CVS online because their Sundown vitamins go on sale this weekend for BOGO plus there is an online coupon.  My question is:

Sundown Vitamin B Complex Tablets

Is this the same thing as he's recommending?
Loving my new life!  I'm ever so grateful...
Visit my weight loss blog at http://homeschoolblogger.com/gettingitgone/.
Includes 76lbs weight loss before surgery.

poet_kelly
on 8/26/11 10:04 am - OH
Yeah, that would work.  But why not get labs done to see if you really do have a thiamine deficiency or not?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jennifer M.
on 8/26/11 10:46 am - NC
I've had several labs done. The most recent was in July, but Thiamine was not checked.  I'm not sure why they aren't ordering more.

poet_kelly
on 8/26/11 10:49 am - OH
You can request an order for it.

You might want to check what else they didn't order.  Thiamine is a pretty standard one almost all docs check.  But if they didn't do that one, I bet they left out several other things you probably need checked.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cajungirl
on 8/26/11 10:33 am
You can also buy just B-1 if you need more.  When were your last labs?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Jennifer M.
on 8/26/11 10:45 am - NC
I had labs in July, but they didn't test thiamine.

rbb825
on 8/26/11 4:48 pm - Suffern, NY
If she suspects B1 deficiency, then why doesnt' she check your B1 (thiamine level)? This should be checked at every set of labs anyway? Why does she suspect b1 deficiency>? What are your symptoms?  If you have a b1 deficiency, taking b complex isnt' the right thing to take.   You dont' need the other B vitamins, you need a high dose of vitamin B1 on its own. I was diagnosed with a B1 deficiency early out and was put on 300mg of vitamin B1 and have had to take that pretty much ever since. About 6  months ago, I cut it to 5 days per week because my levels went pretty high but there is no danger in a high level, we just pee out the excess but a low level can lead to nerve damage and left long enough it can become permanent.

It can also cause other neurological problems - cognitive problems. Dont' ignore this.  Make sure you get a B1 levels tested. But in the meantime, get some b1 not b complex - 300mg per day.  Many people take B complex and end up with dangerously high B6 levels, we get enough b vitamins in our multi except for the B1 and B12.  This is why everyone should take extra B1 and B12.  I get my 300mg of B1 at GNC  - I think it is like $6 or $7 a bottle. That is the only place that I have found that dosage - otherwise you can find 100mg and have to take 3 pills.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 762 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 336 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 272 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 91 views
Recent Topics