What are your favorite drinks? Sick of Crystal Light!

tcole20
on 8/26/11 2:10 pm
I am so sick of all flavors of Crystal Light. My pouch doesn't tolerate plain water. I didn't like Mio. The only thing that seems to satisfy my thirst and tastes good is regular tea with splenda. I know I don't need 64 ounces of caffeinated beverages a day.

So, what do you drink? Be specific! I'm looking for things to try!!
Thanks!!!
Starting Weight: 378
Weight on day of surgery: 365
Current Weight: 195
183 pounds lost!

hlacy
on 8/26/11 2:14 pm - Chandler, AZ
How about decaf iced tea? I also enjoy a product called True Lemon - it's crystalized lemon juice, not sweet. It also comes in True Lime and True Orange. It's really good and a nice little change to plain water.
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

poet_kelly
on 8/26/11 2:15 pm - OH
What about decaf tea?

My favorite drink is iced tea.  I like it unsweetened.  At home I make decaf.  I brew up two gallons at a time and it lasts me maybe three days.  If I'm out, I drink regular with caffeine, though.

I also like herbal tea.  Peppermint tea is really good iced, as well as hot.

Lately I've been drinking decaf coffee with some milk added and some sugar free caramel syrup.  For some reason I really love caramel stuff these days.  I like this coffee both hot and iced.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tcole20
on 8/26/11 2:21 pm
What brand decaf tea do you drink? I tried Lipton decaf right after surgery and didn't like it. I need to try it again!

True lemon and orange sound good. I never tried them because I thought they would be as sweet at Crystal Light. I will add them to my grocery list!

Starting Weight: 378
Weight on day of surgery: 365
Current Weight: 195
183 pounds lost!

poet_kelly
on 8/26/11 2:23 pm - OH
I drink Lipton decaf.  To me, it tastes the same as regular Lipton.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tcole20
on 8/26/11 2:43 pm
On August 26, 2011 at 9:23 PM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:
I drink Lipton decaf.  To me, it tastes the same as regular Lipton.
Ok! I am going to try it again. Thanks for the suggestion.
hlacy
on 8/27/11 4:55 am - Chandler, AZ
They are not sweet at all - but make sure you get the crystalized juice packets and NOT the lemonade packets (like Crystal Light) they make. I think the crystalized juice packs are usually wherever lemon or lime juice are - the baking aisle perhaps? I order them from their website; fast shipping (often free) and they come in quantities that are priced better than the boxes in the store (I order the 500 pack for about $32).
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Pamela F.
on 8/26/11 3:12 pm - OR
Sobe Lifewater is good stuff!
For by grace we are saved. Ephesians 2:8

krislbt41
on 8/27/11 6:36 am - Center Line, MI
Ugh! I use to could drink that stuff, but now after surgery I can't tolerate the taste of it.  Another OH member brought some flavored water by Muscle Milk at Big Lots for 75 cents and she said it was good!  I might go there and try that!

janet2921
on 8/26/11 3:44 pm - Chicago, IL
SF Kool-Aid, SF bottled teas, SF fancy coffees from Caribou and Starbucks, unsweetened lemon ice tea, SF lemonade and SF flavored waters like Sobe.

Janet
"Respect the pouch & embrace the scale."

cent100

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views