Almost 8 months losing slowly

Fatback2
on 8/29/11 11:19 pm
Thank you, I still have time!
Dave Chambers
on 8/30/11 12:26 am - Mira Loma, CA
This process takes time.  A lot of wt will normally be lost during the 1st 6 mo. and then slowly thereafter. A few post op men I know at support groups did lose their wt within 6 months, but this is not the norm.  I started at 365 and it took me 24 months to get to my lowest wt. But 186 was too low for my 6' 3" frame. I feel much better at 200.  Many members of my post op groups lost 2-3 pounds a week for a year, as their average wt loss.  Additional exercise may help.  "Meals" term that is different post op. It's usually recommended to have 4-5 smaller meals per day, as opposed to the conventional 3 meals per day.  High protein snacks, or protein shakes, can be done inbetween meals. Grab a piece of fruit or drink water if you feel hungry is a trick some post ops swear by. "Water loading" may help you too.  This means drink as much water as you can comfortably do around 30 minutes prior to mealtime. You'll feel fuller, eat less, and be less likely to drink during meals--an issue many post ops have issues with. Drinking as you did pre op with meals will wash food from your pouch prematurely, and you won't get the proper nutrients from your meal.  When you journal your food intake, don't forget to note your mood at the time you eat. You may see pattern of eating too much when you're upset from a work situation or a personal disagreement.  Good luck and this process  does take more than 8 months for most post ops. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Fatback2
on 8/30/11 5:52 am
Thank you, Dave.  Like I said on previous post.  I still have some muscle mass at 6ft.  But, I will keep workingout like crazy.  Maybe I will feel better after another 10lbs lost.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics