2nd Stricture Dilation and boy did I feel it!

T V.
on 8/30/11 11:22 am
I had my 2nd stricture dilated today. They used the same sedation as the first time. For some reason the sedation did not work and I felt the whole process. I was in tears. The first time I did not feel a thing, but this time was awful. I really hope that I don't have to do this again. I can not tolerate pain well at all. Anyone else had this experience?

wynter57
on 8/30/11 11:57 am - Panama City, FL
I am SO sorry! I'm with you, I don't tolerate pain well at all. What kind of sedation did they use on you?

I've had several endoscopies and they always knocked me out so that I felt nothing.

Thanks for the heads up. If I am one of the people who get a stricture, I will make sure they know to knock me out. I don't want to feel one second of anything.

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

jkjstars123
on 8/30/11 11:59 am - Tama, IA
I had to have 5 of them. I think on the 3rd one I started to wake up to soon and wanted to take the stuff out of my mouth but it really didn't hurt much. I also had to stay in the hospital overnight for one since I was vomiting blood after the procedure and I was so nauseous. Overall, I wanted them since I was so sick before I had them. Each time they made me feel better right away unfortunately that didn't last too long until the 5Th one.

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

obcodi
on 8/31/11 1:36 am
How far out from surgery do you have to be not to worry about getting a stricture anymore?

YankeeRose
on 8/30/11 12:37 pm - Meadville, PA
Oh my gosh that is horrifying! I am so sorry you had to go through that. I sure hope you let your surgeon know that the sedation didn't work and that ou felt everything! Shouldn't someone have been paying attention to your vitals to know that you were awake? If I were you, I might look into filing a complaint. Again so sorry. I hope you find relief this time and don't have to go through that again.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

labellavita1982
on 8/30/11 1:13 pm - Neenah, WI
The only thing I remember from my endoscope was waking up and gagging.

HW-500lbs SW-381 CW-235 GW-185
Steph
T V.
on 8/30/11 1:42 pm
They gave me fentanyl, versed and I am pretty sure I heard them say Benadryl. It worked great the first time. The surgeon and 2 assistants knew I was awake. I couldn't talk, but I was waving my hand like hey I am in pain. They kept saying we are almost through, you are doing great. Geez! I was so glad when it was over. The nurse that dealt with me afterward said that sometimes our bodies get adapted and it doesn't work anymore. She said if I had to do it again to ask for general anesthesia.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 325 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?