GRRRRR!!! NEED ADVICE PLZ !!!

Jessica L.
on 9/1/11 1:35 pm
DOES ANYBODY KNOW OR REMEMBER HOW LONG THEIR RIGHT SIDE HURT AFTER SURGERY? MY RIGHT SIDE HURTS SO BAD AND MY LOWER RIGHT SIDE OF MY BACK. IT FEELS LIKE SOMETHING IS RIPPING AND TEARING. IT BURNS AND FEELS WARM. IT'S HURT SINCE THE SURGERY BUT IT SEEMS LIKE IT'S GETTING WORSE. IT HURTS TO GET IN MY CAR, TO CHANGE MY FOOT FROM THE BREAK PETAL TO THE GAS, WALKING UP THE STEPS, SITTING SOMETIMES EVEN HURTS.  I'M STARTING TO THINK I'M GOING TO FEEL LIKE THIS FOREVER. I CAN'T TAKE IT. IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS!!! PLEASE  HELP!!!!
ssgoodri
on 9/1/11 1:43 pm
Hmm I had issues from my left side hurting (it is still sore, just not terrible), but I am told that is completly normal because they move your liver etc on that side when doing the surgery.  I had little problem with my right side at all, but I am sure everyone is different.  Have you called your surgeons office and asked if it is normal?  If not you should definitely do that, better safe than sorry in my book.

Hope you feel better soon (sorry this wasn't much help), my thoughts are with you!

Shannon
We've only just begun!  

Jessica L.
on 9/1/11 1:54 pm
YEAH, I CALLED THEM TWICE AND THEY SAID I'M OVER DOING IT. I'M DOING HOUSE WORK AND I'M NOT SUPPOSE TO. SO I HAVEN'T BEEN FOR THE PAST WEEK AND I'M STILL NOT FEELING BETTER. HOW FAR ARE YOU POST-OP? I EVEN WENT TO THE HOSPITAL TWICE AND THEY DID A SCAN ON ME EACH TIME. ONE WITH OUT CONTRAST AND ONE WITH OUT. THERE WAS NOTHING THAT APPEARED TO BE WRONG. I HAVE A UTI FROM THE CATHADER BUT THATS ALL. BUT I'M IN SO MUCH PAIN. I ALSO WENT TO MY FAMILY DR. TODAY AND HE SAID IT'S NORMAL AND I PROB. WILL FEEL LIKE THIS FOR AT LEAST 2 MORE WEEKS AND I WON'T FEEL 100 PERCENT FOR 6 WEEKS.
kimba11869
on 9/1/11 7:29 pm
It took me exactly 32 days fromt he tiem of surgeryt hat I was not in pain,, I was not the norm,, I hope it gets better for you soon I woke up and it was like I was a different person it jsut started fading away after that 32 day

Hw 285 Sw 271 Cw 149 Gw 160
Scheduled for Tummy Tuck Dec 3, 2011

Jessica L.
on 9/2/11 9:18 am
THANK YOU. I HOPE MY PAIN GETS BETTER SOON.  IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS.
ssgoodri
on 9/1/11 1:59 pm
I am only 11 days post op.  I think if you were over doing it, it takes longer to recover from the damage you may have done vs creating the problem.  Kinda like it is easier to gain weight than to lose it...  There haver been a few days I have tried to do a bunch of stuff and felt like crap afterwards, then I just have slowed down..  But I know how you feel about going stir crazy with the limitations of what we are supposed to be doing after surgery.. It sucks..

Do they give you anything for the pain? 
We've only just begun!  

Jessica L.
on 9/2/11 9:16 am

I'M NOT CLEANING ANYMORE...LOL IT'S NOT WORTH THE PAIN. YEAH I STILL HAVE SOME OF THE PAIN MEDS FROM THE HOSPITAL THAT THEY SENT HOME WITH ME. I ONLY TAKE THAT AT NIGHT. MY FAMILY DR. GAVE ME TRAMADOL ( WHICH I HATE IT) I DON'T LIKE PILLS.

immafatgirl
on 9/1/11 4:42 pm - KY
housework.. mopping,sweeping and vacuuming are the worst things u can do after surgery . may be just irritated i take a strike and say forget the house till u feel better . its so not worth it . the house will still be there later ..  be good to yourself and heal properly .
Jessica L.
on 9/2/11 9:20 am
THANK YOU. I AM ON  STRIKE!! IT'S NOT WORTH THE PAIN. I'M ONLY PROLONGING IT.
formyself2011
on 9/1/11 10:10 pm
I had that pain in my right side to and I even went to the ER for it because when I would cough the pain would bring me to tears and to my knees.  They did a scan and nothing was wrong they said I had some deep stitches from my port incision and those stitches were rubbing on my abdominal muscles causing them to spasm.  They prescribed me a higher dose of valuim and that really helped becuase the valuim reduced the muscle spasms that were causing the pain.  The valium and pain med did wonders.  It hurt so bad to be in a car because all the bouncing would cause them to rub more.  The pain went away right before I went in for my 6 week followup apt. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 381 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 236 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics