Day 5 of my liquid diet......

Katie S.
on 9/1/11 3:32 pm - OH
I'm going nuts!!! I never realized how much food controlled my life! I am so excited for my re-birthday on Sept 12th. I find myself watching tv and thinking about food. Any suggestions on how to occupy my mind and hands?

kellyl1202
on 9/1/11 10:47 pm
I'm on day 5 of the liquid diet also...I work full time so when I'm at home I try to concentrate on getting my exercise time in and if my house is messy  I always have something to straighten up!  This weekend I am planning to clean out my bedroom closet & clean house, do laundry,etc to keep me busy and so it won't be a wreck when I come home from the hospital. 

I have been drinking alot of water & crystal light-I find that keeps me full as well.

Maybe you could go to a movie, go to the park & walk?  Good luck to you!

Kelly L  
5'ft 1in   RNY 9/12/11
301 HW / 287.7 SW / 216 CW / 150 GW

Brazilnut2
on 9/1/11 11:23 pm - TN
Ugh.  Don'****ch TV.  You can't avoid food commercials...unless you are watching uniterrupted movies.

I read a lot during my liquid diet.  I read lots on this site and others, to try to wrap my mind around what was coming up and to encourage me to stay faithful to my liquid diet.

About day seven, I was ready to scream because I was craving something salty and was tired of fruity flavors, artificially sweetened gelatins and drinks, sweet-tasting protein shakes, etc.  My husband bought me some warm broth from a Chinese restaurant and even in the humid, sweltering heat of Florida, sipping that broth up through a straw was incredibly satisfying.

Try getting out of the house and out into nature.  You can take your liquid with you and you won't be hanging around your fridge.
marbrown
on 9/2/11 6:04 am - bridgeview, IL
I am having surgery on Sept. 12th too, I don't start my liquids until Monday. will try no****ching TV. Good luck to you on your re-birtday!
Marianne        
Katie S.
on 9/2/11 9:23 am - OH
I went out today for my pre admission blood work at the hospital.... while I was out I bought some fill in word puzzles and they are working so wonderfully :)

GGB
on 9/3/11 2:25 pm - montclair, VA
Great ideas for keeping busy! I've got my daughter's wedding this week, so doing the final list.

I'm trying to think of ways to avoid my other daughter's husband who'll be arriving later this week. I love my grandbabies and daughter  but him not so much. We don't like him a single bit, so that's going to be a stretch with no food. I have to keepy reminding myself that EVERYBODY who knows her and loves her dislikes him too and to just LET it go. I have no idea how I'm going to manage it. I'll have to write myself notes, put a rubber band around my wrist and just pop the daylights out of myself or wear a duct tape roll around my wrist since I can't put tape on my lips.
 please let the next 14 days fly by! No food, no cheating, no headaches, no grumpy pants or tantrums. It could happen!

Elizabeth S.
on 9/5/11 9:48 am
I will be having surgery 9/12/11 also just started my pre-op liquid today. It is hard but I have been keeping myself busy around the house and on the computer. We can do this be encouraged. Blessings to all!!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 287 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics