pre-op diet

jenrich
on 9/2/11 4:53 am - Bridgeport, TX
What does your pre op diet consist of? I am on a 2 week clear liquid diet and well I think its redic.. LOL
poet_kelly
on 9/2/11 4:54 am - OH
Mine was full liquids but just for five days.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Brazilnut2
on 9/2/11 5:03 am - TN
Ten days of liquids and cottage cheese. Day ten (eve of my surgery) was clear liquids and Drano. Just kidding. I had to drink magnesium citrate and take laxatives to clean the "pipes."
lilbear412
on 9/2/11 5:07 am - MN
 9 VERY long days of liquids such as water, milk, carnation instant breakfast essentials, jello, broth and flavored waters.  Day 10 was no milk or the CIB or jello only water, flavored water, broth and magnesium citrate.....uuuuucccckkkk...

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

crystal C.
on 9/2/11 5:12 am - lynn, MA
I started mine today surgery is the 19th.  As much Sugar free jello, broth, and popclises and I want.  And water clearly.  3 sugar free caranations instant breakfast per day with a 1/2 cup of calorie count down milk.  1 sugar free pudding, 1 yougart , and one fruit cup or piece of fruit per day.  Doesnt seem so day but I think it will be!
Dan OBrien
on 9/2/11 6:26 am - FL
I was on the two week liquid (not necessarily clear) diet.  Cheated here and there at dinner with small amounts of veggies to give me something to chew on.  Cheated the Friday before surgery with some pizza too (surgery was Monday).  Lost 14 pounds and the doc was happy with my liver size and weight loss.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

dawney
on 9/2/11 6:52 am
I had 2 weeks of liquid diet, protein drink, sugar free jello, broth and such.  I took this time to not only shrink my liver, but also to get use to not having that much solid food going in.  I really helped me prepare for the two weeks of Stage-2 of the diet postoperatively.  I'm flyng through it with no problems, because I'm already use to it.
Dawn A Boesch    
cajungirl
on 9/2/11 6:56 am
I didn't have a specific pre-op diet.  I did have to lose 15 lbs prior to surgery and my surgeon recommended lean meats and green leafy vegetables.  I lost 20 lbs in a month.  I did have to do a liquids only the day before surgery.

My post-op plan was WAY different then the majority also, I didn't have all the stages.

Surgeon's have different plans based on their experience.  It is amazing how plans vary so much.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

kellyl1202
on 9/2/11 7:37 am
Wow ! clear liquids only for 2 weeks?  I'm on day 5 of my 2 week pre-op liquid diet but I can have full & clear liquids, chicken broth, salad and or vegetables with butter spray, some soups and 1 time per week 4 oz grilled chicken or turkey!  Good luck to you!
Kelly L  
5'ft 1in   RNY 9/12/11
301 HW / 287.7 SW / 216 CW / 150 GW

jnewman
on 9/2/11 7:49 am - OK
 So many different pre-op diets! Mine was two weeks of nothing but meat and veggies for my meals and then high protein snack. Then three days before surgery I was on meal replacements only. 
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 80 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?