What did you like when you did the Puree diet?

ssgoodri
on 9/2/11 11:54 am
So I am looking for ideas on what to do for the puree diet.  I am going back to work on Tues of next week and trying to be prepared with foods I might like to eat (so I can feel semi normal :)).  So what did you like for puree'd foods (of course the higher protien value the better).

Thanks for the input as always

Shannon
We've only just begun!  

Brazilnut2
on 9/2/11 12:09 pm - TN
What did I like when I was on the pureed diet? That I wasn't on a liquid diet any more! LOL

Let's see...mashed avacado, ricotta cheese, and yogurt.
Nessy2976
on 9/2/11 12:10 pm - MD
 Well, I don't get the puree stage   I am making scrambled eggs with cottage cheese, refired beans with some LF cheddar cheese melted on top, oatmeal, chili with LF cheddar cheese and my fav so far, turkey 3 oz with gravy...yummo.  I have been having broth with veggies now cooked well.  These foods do not need to be pureed.  I chew them well and there is texture and to eat it as mush would make me sick   SO I don't get the puree stage.  I think as long as you chew to mush you are good. I have had no problems. I love having a slice of cheddar cheese to eat too....it is soft. Cottage with a little apple sauce.  I have been taking turkey rolls with cheese and soup to work.
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
KKresner
on 9/2/11 12:12 pm
I was not on the puree diet very long, but I made chicken salad. I boiled the chicken in a pot with onions and spices. Then I added a few teaspoons of fat free mayo and the onions that I cooked the chicken in.I then put it all in a food processor and it was amazing! I usually add fruit and other good thing but I knew I couldn't. I highly recommend this. Good Luck!!!
poet_kelly
on 9/2/11 12:30 pm - OH
Refried beans with a little shredded cheddar and taco sauce.  Ricotta cheese with spaghetti sauce and a little shredded parmesan.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jennifer W.
on 9/2/11 12:34 pm
I am on the pureed diet now and I am a huge fan of egg salad and tuna salad.
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
Terrilmk
on 9/2/11 12:46 pm - SC
 I haven't started yet.  Surgery got postponed till November.  I pureed and froze a bunch of stuff getting ready.  I pureed a tasty rotisserie chicken, and grilled lean chops on the grill and pureed them. I also pureed scrambled eggs, not very impressive till I added some dill and Emeril seasoning. 
 HW 240 SW 224 CW 167          
ssgoodri
on 9/2/11 12:52 pm
Wow thanks for all the great ideas!  I was excited before I read all this, but now I am REALLY excited!!!  :))

Whooo hoooo!
We've only just begun!  

Massagelady
on 9/2/11 2:40 pm
 I'll be starting puree on the 15th, so looking forward to it!  Thanks for sharing all the great Ideas for food!  Can't wait to chew something again.....
Mindy M.
on 9/2/11 1:22 pm
One of my favs was puree chicken with puree vegitable soup mixed together. The chicken isnt too dry and the veggies give it a yummy flavor

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics