NESTING!!!!!!!!

Renee2be
on 9/4/11 12:49 am, edited 9/4/11 12:51 am - NC
Surgery is 9-9 NEXT FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Working this weekend to get house clean and 2 weeks worth of school work done so i can recoup!!!!!!!

I am so excited, nervous, did i say EXCITED!!!!!  lost 11 lbs so far on pre op diet,  that has been slow for me due to sugar dropping and having to add a protein shake and small meal to the plan.

OMG!!! 5.5 days!!!!!

Any suggestions?  Anything after surgery you wished you had done before surgery?  Went yesterday and got everything for liquid diet,  will need more gatorades of course, but other than the MOM, citrucel and tums i am ready to go. 

Had first real food challenge last night at the dollar movie.  that was some good smelling pop corn............i didnt but i wanted to..........lol
T. Deeds
on 9/4/11 1:41 am
My biggest suggestion is to make sure your house is clean and that your family or housemates keep it clean while you're in the hospital!  It's profoundly annoying to come home from the hospital to a messy house, particularly when you spent so much time cleaning beforehand!  Also, one thing is that you might be very sensitive to smells when you come home, so it's important that your family or housemates keep the house clean, trash taken out, dishes washed, etc while you're recovering.  Maybe even buy some air freshner if you don't have any!   

I wouldn't buy too much food or drink, as your tastes will likely change.  For example, I can't stand yogurt, pudding, almond milk, cottage cheese, string cheese, eggs, and protein shakes.  I enjoyed all these foods before the surgery and ended up throwing out so much food because I stocked up before the surgery.   Also, you might not be able to tolerate some foods that you were able to tolerate before.  For example, I couldn't drink anything too acidic, like Gatorade or Crystal Light, after my surgery because it hurt my stomach. 

lilbear412
on 9/4/11 2:53 am - MN
 I am with Terri with the smells.  I am super sensitive to smells...especially bad garbage smells and such.  I would suggest also that you buy some of the foods that will be included on your diet that is prescribed to you when you come home from the hospital. Not sure what your plan is but i was on liquids.  I made sure i had the chrystal lights, water, propels, broths and milk and i drink carnation instant breakfast (SF).  My next step was 5 days later where i went to full liquids so i made sure i had some of that too...creamed soups, plain yogurt, broth.  I am now on pureed foods and by now i have been able to go to the store and get the things i need but the first few days home from the hospital i didn't want to go to the store.  Really all i needed was my couch a pillow a tv and something to drink for the 1st 5 days or so post op.  Good luck and you will do good.  Take it slow..no need to rush anything.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404