Had My rny on the 31'st and just got home

lilfatgirlfrommissouri
on 9/5/11 6:01 am - MO
I had my RNY on the 31st of august and just got home a few hours ago. I recieved a few messages from friends and other oh'ers wanting to know how my surgery went so i figured it would be eiser to make a post and tell every one at once because im to tired and weak to type it over and over,
I went in @ 1045 on aug the 31st for my surgery. I got out of surgery about 115pm and the surgeon told my family all went well and they could come see me in recovery.
About 4 hours later my Heart rate spiked up to 169-175 bpm they new something was wrong and rushed me back in to the OR Where they spent another 2 hours suctioning blood and blood clots  from my abdamon and intestines, I had to recieve 5 units of blood and the surgeon had to go over the suter site that connects the intestine to the pouch. It was A nightmear!! When I woke up from my second surgery I hade a breathing tube down my throat and my hands had to be tied down because i kept trying to pull it out. I Had to stay in the SICU for 4 days and then yesterday I was in a step down unit until I was released to come home a few hours ago. Im Hope now and doin ok, Im only allowed clear liquids for the next 2 days and follow up with my surgeon on friday. It was a pretty rough start  but Im home now and so far so good.
Thanks for all the messages from the 1s who messaged me
Take Care
Amanda

Ill post again when im feeling up to it

Proudtobaloser
on 9/5/11 6:15 am - Fayetteville, NC
Sorry you have had such a sucky time but I had a few complications myself. Just remember to follow the rules and do some walking (it does help). Hugs to you.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

laura_vermont
on 9/5/11 6:25 am
Wow!  You've certainly had a rough start.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

vervetoloose
on 9/5/11 6:32 am
Glad to hear you are home. Hope things are smooth sailing for you now. I know you know what to do........sip sip sip and walk walk walk. It will be harder for you but YOU can do it. Don't forget to cough and deep breath frequently, use your incentive spirometer if they gave you one. Healing energy being sent your way.......

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

wynter57
on 9/5/11 8:32 am - Panama City, FL
I'm so sorry to hear that you had a rough start.

At my one week post-op checkup my surgeon admitted me into the hospital to run a lot of tests as he was concerned I might have blood clots, a pulmonary embolism or a leak. I felt like I was in a torture chamber for the past two and a half days, but thank God I made it through and all tests were negative. I just got home last night.

Glad you are home and hope you feel better soon!!

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

YankeeRose
on 9/5/11 9:42 am - Meadville, PA
Wynter, so sorry to hear you had to go through all those tests but glad that all is well. Hang in there, things will get better.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

wynter57
on 9/5/11 9:45 am - Panama City, FL
Thank you Yankee Rose, I appreciate the kind words and I hope it's going to get better soon!!

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

Dan OBrien
on 9/5/11 9:32 am - FL
Had a rough start myself, in ICU for a week with blood leakage and fluid under my left lung.  Sorry you had to go through it - nobody tells you these problems actually happen, they're just on those waivers we all signed!

It's great to be home though, I'm sure.  Hang in there, keep walking and stick with it.  It definitely gets better and it is definitely worth it!
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

YankeeRose
on 9/5/11 9:40 am - Meadville, PA
Wow Amanda, you've certainly been through an ordeal! I am so sorry you had such a rough time. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out. Wishing you a quick and uneventful recovery. Feel better!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

SugarGrl
on 9/5/11 10:23 am
I'm so sorry you went through so much during your surgery. I pray you have a speedy recovery!!

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 225 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics