bruises????

donna68
on 9/8/11 10:27 am
Can anyone tell me what I may be lacking to allow such easy bruising.  I have always bruised in the past, but more so now.  My labs are not due to be analyzed until mid Oct would like to correct this before then.

thank you

poet_kelly
on 9/8/11 10:29 am - OH
Most likely iron but possibly vitamin K.  Maybe some other stuff.  It will be hard to correct it before having your labs done since you don't know what "it" is.  You could add some additional iron if you like, though.  You could also request having at least some labs done now instead of waiting a month.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dave Chambers
on 9/8/11 11:05 am - Mira Loma, CA
Nothing was noted wrong with my labs, but I had severe bruising. I'd often have bruises on my forearms the size of 50 cent pieces.  I take 4 small vitamin K supplements daily for this reason. The bruising is much much better. I'd have these bruises before with not remembering any arm trauma.  If I bump my arm hard not, there will be a surface bruise for a few days, but those "sponteneous bruises" are either now negilgent or smaller than a dime in size, and far fainter in color.  My surgoen's bariatric nurse suggeste this as a solution--vitamin K helps with blood clotting.  This may be why you are bruising. It's not an expensive fix either. I get the cheap vitamin K supplements at Puritan Pride Vitamins. They often have buy1--get 2 free, or but 2 get 3 free sales.  I just got a shipment of herbal laxatives, papaypa enzyme and an Acai cleanse my surgeon recommended for my wife.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

rbb825
on 9/8/11 2:41 pm - Suffern, NY
I would go to your PCP as soon as you can and ask for some labs - you don't have to ask for the full panel but you need to check out some of the basics for bruising.  Easy bruising isn't normal and you need to know why.  You need to get a CBC to check your differentials and your platelets, and you need to get a PT and PTT to check for your clotting factors.  You also need to get your vitamin K checked.

Do you take coumadin?  People on coumadin can bruise easily, the same as with aspirin but you shouldn't be taking any aspirin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 470 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 384 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 330 views