Another yummy treat packed with protein

coolcatkimmie
on 9/10/11 3:13 am - Haughton, LA
So I have been trying to find yummy ways to get in my protein while I am on my full liquid diet.  Now I say full liquid, but it does include some things like yogurt, oatmeal, cream of wheat, etc.... but when I went to a WW meeting with my son the other night, the leader said she had taken the plain greek yogurt and added her crystal light packet to it and made whatever flavor she wanted.  I tried it and it is very yummy.  I got the Fage plain greek yogurt and a 6 oz oncainer has 100 calories, 0 fat, 0 cholesterol,65 mg sodium, total carb 7, fiber 0, Sugars 7g, protein 18 g.  Great treat.  Well this morning, I decided to try something else with it, so I use the powdered peanut butter (called PB2, if you have never had it, but love peanut butter def give it a try, look it up on google 2 tbsp serving has 45 calories, 1.5 g fat, cholesterol
  Kimberly                     Faith makes things possible, not easy!

AnneGG
on 9/10/11 3:56 am
Great tip! Thanks!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Jamie M.
on 9/10/11 6:40 am
If you add an artificial sweetener to the PB2 and greek yogurt it's even more yummy!
coolcatkimmie
on 9/10/11 10:25 am - Haughton, LA
I just noticed the rest of my post did not come out, but yes, I added two packs of splenda with my PB2 and it was so yummy. 

DaniellaMears
on 9/10/11 7:41 am
I am going to have to try that! Today!!!! Where do u get the PB2
poet_kelly
on 9/10/11 7:55 am - OH
I like plain Greek yogurt with a spoonful of sugar free cheesecake flavor pudding mix.  Makes it taste just like cheesecake.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

coolcatkimmie
on 9/11/11 12:58 pm - Haughton, LA
I tried your suggestion today, I thought I had cheesecake pudding, but only had vanilla, but it was still so yummy!  Thanks for the idea!  Can't wait til I grab some cheesecake pudding at the store.

poet_kelly
on 9/11/11 1:36 pm - OH
When you get further out, my favorite dessert is the cheesecake pudding mix in plain Greek yogurt, then I top that with some no sugar added cherry pie filling and crumble up a graham cracker on top of that.  Cherry cheesecake!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Eliza55
on 9/10/11 9:23 am - PA
I really loved doing things like that pre-op.  I used to do it for breakfast all the time.
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

coolcatkimmie
on 9/10/11 10:29 am - Haughton, LA
Ooooohhhh Kelly that sounds really yummy. I used the SF cheesecake pudding for shakes pre-op, but didn't even think of that for the yogurt, I bet it is fabulous! And Daniella I get it at the commissary, but the health food stores around here carry it and you can order it off line. I am a peanut butter nut and to find something that gives me the taste without the fat and calories, I'm all for it!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics