WHAT FOODS CAN YOU EAT IN YOUR SOFT STAGE???

Jessica L.
on 9/10/11 11:28 am
I GOT TO MY APPT.MONDAY FOR MY ONE MONTH AND I GET TO START MY SOFT STAGE PHASE !!! YAY BC I'M NOT EVEN IN THE MOOD TO EAT ANYMORE BC I'M SICK OF EATING THE SAME THINGS. JUST THINKING ABOUT THEM MAKE ME SICK TO MY STOMACH. I'M FINDING IT HARD TO ALSO GET IN MY LIQUIDS AGAIN. PLAIN WATER ALSO MAKES ME SICK AND THATS ALL I USED TO DRINK  BEFORE WLS. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE FOODS ARE IN THE SOFT STAGE?? THANK YOU!! 
Dave Chambers
on 9/10/11 12:53 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Each surgeon has a list they prefer. These generally include soft fish, scambled egg, cream of wheat, cottage chees, yogurt, etc.  Try adding some diluted fruit juice or a slice of lemon to your water. These water additives are used by many, as drinking fluids post op is a challenge to start with. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

lilbear412
on 9/10/11 1:22 pm, edited 9/10/11 1:27 am - MN
i use the chrystal lights. if you have target you can get target brands for much cheaper and i think they are almost better. I have a tough time with water. I like the rasp/lemonade, tangerine/strawberry and raspberry/peach. I also drink propel zero peach (least sweet to me) and aquafina raspberry or mixed berry. some days i like one flavor and the next i can't stand the thought of drinking it so i am constantly mixing it up.
Not in soft food yet. I have a book that tells me what i can have somewhat though...i think my soft foods are next for me too...just like dave said only i think i can do soft vegies too. or mashed foods. I am asking my NUT how i am suppose to eat chicken or turkey mashed..assuming i can eat soft meats cut in little pieces and chewed up well. Mashed carrots (roasted) mashed peas, mashed cauliflower with lots of cheese. Etc...these are the things i can eat...your plan is probably different and i am assuming your nut will tell you what you can have. My plan said for pureed that i can eat anything protein as long as i can puree it. I am assuming the same for soft foods...as long as it soft.
good luck and let us know what you were told about the food.

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/search/label/soft%20food %20stage go here..she has recipes for the "soft food" stage..

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Hillery82211
on 9/10/11 2:00 pm - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
My soft food phase diet is just regular food that fits the following rules

1.  is blended to an apple sauce consistency
2.  Is soft enough to be chewed to an apple sauce consistency
3.  No raw veggies (cooked veggies are ok)
4.  all fruit mush be blended to apple sauce consistency or be mashed (bananas).  No skins or hulls.
5.  Nothing over 6g of sugar (dairy products and fruit are exceptions)
6.  No seeds...no nuts

Whats been getting me into drinking my water lately is mixing 1/2 sugar free juice (cranberry works well) with 1/2 water. 
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
Amy R.
on 9/11/11 5:56 am
Have you asked your surgeon? He is the one who is ultimately responsible for providing you with the information you need and although your would thing soft foods=soft foods=soft foods, it's not necessarily so.

Some folks have to worry about fat, carb, sodium, etc and some of us don't.

You really may want to either check whateve list he gave you, or if you didn't get one from him call and talk to his nurse or nut so you make sure you are getting the correct foods in the correct amounts according to his personal protocol. Doctors vary so widely, and we all have different experiences/requirements.

When it was my turn to go through all that stuff I just went straight back to the source - then at least I knew I was doing exactly what they wanted.

Best of luck to you in your journey and congrats on your surgery~
=)
Crystal0823
on 9/14/11 1:48 am
I just started soft foods as well and let me tell you it couldn't come fast enough. I was so sick of farina, soups, and protein drinks. Granted I still need my protein drinks but I really needed them in the pureed stage because I would not puree meats to eat.

Now I am allowed:
eggs any style. low fat cheese, ground meat or poultry (meatballs, chicken burgers, meatloaf, etc), thin white meat, any fish, veggie burgers, canned fruit, well cooked pasta, soft deli meats, and my favorite - caseroles or mixed dishes (crockpot will be coming in handy for me)

Last night I had 3oz of grilled chicken (marinated with a little olive oil, lots of garlic, and some lemon juice) and 2T couscous. I had no problems. Lunch will be a few slices of turkey and some laughing cow cheese. Tonight I will try chicken and "dumplings" (probably passing on the dumplings.

Jessica L.
on 9/23/11 9:43 am
I WISH I WAS ALLOWED TO EAT PASTA. I CANT FOR 9 MONTHS AND NO STEAK FOR 6 MONTHS AND NO SALAD FOR 3 M ONTHS
(deactivated member)
on 9/23/11 12:02 pm - Front Royal, VA
RNY on 08/29/11 with

Hi there!

I'm in puree right now.  I'm eating lots of stuff!

fat free refried beans with low fat cheese, fat free sour cream and a dollop of wholly guacamole is my favorite!

Campbells Slow Kettle cooked southwest chicken chili is low cal/low fat and about 15 grams protien, supper supper good

Campbells Slow Kettle white chicken chili is good too!

cottage cheese with puree fruit on top or just salt and pepper

greek yogurt with a bit of splenda mixed in

tomato soup with melted cheese and some unflavored protein powder mixed in

cream of wheat with splenda sprinkled on top

plain oatmeal or the diabetic low sugar oatmeal

I found carb control low sugar yogurt in strawberry which is YUM

I made pulled pork and mashed it up with some green beans, supper yummy

I take ricotta cheese and put some ragu on top, warm it up with mozzerella and it tastes like lasagna without the noodles

and I eat tons of sugar free popsicles (about 4 a day)

Get some good soups and just puree them to smooth, like veggie soup (not the one with pasta in it)  ..splurge on the more expensive because 1 can is 2 meals anyways!

for drinks, I use crystal light but I only use half the package, I brew green tea (decaf) into iced tea

good luck!

M

Jessica L.
on 10/2/11 7:28 am
THANK YOU IM GOING TO HAVE TO TRY THE CHICKEN CHILLI. IM SO TIRED OF EATING THE SAME THINGS OER AND OVER AGAIN. :(
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics