(Fun) Secret to Exercise

skinnywhatwhat
on 9/11/11 9:04 am

Don't tell, but I am starting to believe it is dogs....

At the beginning of structuring an exercise schedule, I knew that my dogs were critical.  As I am changing my habits, I am changing my dogs habits as well (including my little beagle in who's nickname is Fatty). 

Now they are used to their 7:00 AM walks and expect it.  Thinking I would take the day off this AM and sleep in, my littlest one woke me up and started to cry when I would not get out of bed.  My oldest dog (lab mix) ran around the bed until I got up to get on my shoes. 

This morning, my dogs were holding me accountable.  Hopefully we all have someone in our life who would want to take a walk with us, assist us with shopping for the right foods, enjoying our success with us.  If we do not have that accountablity, we might not get up to walk in the morning or maintain the protein that we need.

As I progress in this journey, I am glad that I have you all for the knowledge, and my dogs to hold me accountable. 

I am now referring to my dogs as my trainers and life coaches!

Debra P.
on 9/11/11 9:30 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 I love this !!!  my dogs hold me accountable also !!  

Rena H.
on 9/11/11 9:47 am
I love this post! Sounds like your dogs are cheering you on, and helping you get moving! and all they ask for in return is a belly rub and some good grub! lol
AnneGG
on 9/11/11 10:50 am
My dog got me started, too!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Stacy4442
on 9/11/11 11:07 am
Love it!  I want a dog.

LJ1972
on 9/11/11 11:31 am - FL
I want to walk with my dog . He had major knee surgery a couple of months ago and is still lame in that leg and has now blown his left knee. I feel so much better walking with my dog... and life coach is a great way to describe them!
abernardez
on 9/12/11 5:22 am - Colton, CA
Not sure if it is feasible or not but if you can, put him in a wagon and take him out - at least he will get the fresh air with you. 

Angela

LJ1972
on 9/12/11 5:26 am - FL
Oh... I forgot to mention he is a 110lb Labrador.  ;)   (that's him in my avatar, kissing one of my horses)
   I have him on strict rest right now, we are having professional photos done the weekend of the 24th, then it is back to the surgeon for him.

Thanks for the idea though!