How do you blend it?

skinnywhatwhat
on 9/11/11 3:29 am
You gyus are great!  I am so happy I found this site. 

I am getting my protein samples as well as recipes.  Now looking for blending suggestions....

What do you use?  Blender, Magic Bullet, etc

Also if any recipes, that would be amazing!!!

Jenn
poet_kelly
on 9/11/11 3:34 am - OH
I find different brands taste best in different ways.  Most I prefer to mix in the blender with skim milk and a handful of ice. 

For recipes, check out bariatricfood.com.

Here's my favorite.  One cup skim milk, vanilla protein powder, a spoonful of Maxwell House International French vanilla cafe mix (sugar free, decaf), made in the blender with a handful of ice.  Tastes like a frozen coffee drink, like you'd buy at Starbucks.  If you prefer a mocha drink, use chocolate protein powder and Maxwell House International Suisse mocha mix, also sugar free and decaf.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

skinnywhatwhat
on 9/11/11 8:14 am
I love starbucks so I am super excited to try this one.  I will have to check out that website as well!  Thanks for your assistance!

Jenn
Carol M.
on 9/11/11 3:50 am - TX
I found the Ninja works best for me.  I like the double set of blades.  I had a Magic Bullet, but it worked for about 3 times then the lid locked onto the power base and nothing would get it loose.  I suspect that though it said it was top rack dishwasher safe that the heat warped the lid I was using.  So to be safe I never put the Ninja in the dishwasher. There is now a more versatile and more powerful Ninja system. But I am happy with mine.  Paid about $40 on sale at Wal-mart last Jan.
Carol , East Texas
skinnywhatwhat
on 9/11/11 8:47 am
I have never heard of that one!  I will have to check it out.  I was thinking of getting the Magic Bullet, but  the Ninja seems like it might be better with those double blades.  Thanks so much for your suggestion!
AnneGG
on 9/11/11 4:25 am
I use a Blender Bottle- less fuss than a blender.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

raesan
on 9/11/11 4:56 am - WI

I use a hamilton-beach electric hand held wand You can buy them at walmart, target etc. for about $25. this easy product has two attachments: a whisk, and a puree attachment. each slip on and off with a twist, and are removable for quick rinsing and cleanup. the whisk is great for blending. It is not strong enough to cause the protein to foam. Use a deep glass to allow for blending action. the puree attachment will puree anything including meat with a little broth added. I do crockpot chicken stew, pinto beans, and soups with veggies so far. You can add unflavored protein for an extra boost. With one hand, hold onto the wand and lower the blade onto your food, then raise up. this process can be repeated several times until your puree is smooth. Add a little fluid if too thick. then, twist off the blade, run under soapy water and rinse. finished.this is easily cleaned in a flash. works like a charm.

Dave Chambers
on 9/11/11 7:02 am - Mira Loma, CA
Magic Bullet works fine at home. Milk will add more foam than water with protein powders.  If you're going to try cooking, DO NOT add any protein powder to boiling water--the protein will end up like rubber erasers.  I add unflavored whey isolate protein to oatmeal. I tried adding it to the boiling water/oatmeal mixture, and it had protein lumps. If you heat the food, place in serving dish, and then add protein, it works better. With some foods, mixing the protein with a small amount of water to make a cream consistency, the mixing is even easier. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Samantha L.
on 9/11/11 7:23 am, edited 9/11/11 7:25 am - Petaluma, CA
I use a Magic Bullet (but I also have some off brand I use as a back up). 

I had a lot of trouble with the "protein flavor", but I found that it seems to disappear completely (for me) if I just mix in a little PB2 or even a little real peanut butter if I happen to be out of PB2. 

My favorite:  1/2 of a sliced banana, almond milk (just a taste preference), two scoops of Body Fortress Chocolate (or Cookies N Cream) protein powder, an ice cube or two and a little PB2 or peanut butter.  Sometimes, I'll add a tiny bit of unsweetened cocoa powder or a half of a teaspoon of instant coffee.  (The coffee makes it taste more like dark chocolate.. YUM!).  Then blend.  It tastes a bit like a liquid peanut butter cup and is too sweet for an every day thing.. but, when I have a sweet tooth, it really hits the spot!  The Cowboy and the kids even like it. 

ladybugnessa
on 9/11/11 7:28 am - Owings Mills, MD
usually in the morning I use a shaker bottle with a metal blender ball

in the afternoons I tend to use the blender and add ice and other things....

as for recipies... I'm pretty boring....
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 320 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 466 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 380 views