I haz an addiction

ladybugnessa
on 9/12/11 6:15 am - Owings Mills, MD
it's instant miso soup with tofu...  I get it at the Asian Market

just add boiling water

hot
salty (I do so much sweet)
need to sip so it takes a while to drink

1 pkg makes about 1 cup (it calls for 2/3 cup of water I add more)

35 calories
1g fat
too much sodium thank goodness I have Low Blood pressure  (740 mg)
3 g carbs (I do not count carbs)
and 3 g of protein....

Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Pholaris
on 9/12/11 8:30 am
Man, and I just got done getting rid of mine. I had the 8 soup packs but did not care much for them LOL. If I were to find more in my pantry maybe I should mail them to you :)
Pregnancy%20ticker
hlacy
on 9/12/11 2:33 pm - Chandler, AZ
Have you tried making your own with miso paste? I get mine at Whole (Paycheck) Foods. It comes in different colors; I like yellow. You can throw in your own tofu and scallions and it's yum!! Might be cheaper if you make it often :)
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

ladybugnessa
on 9/12/11 9:46 pm - Owings Mills, MD
is it really that easy... just  the paste and the tofu and the scallions?  nothing else???

I could try that... how long will it keep?  how much do you use... Heck I could  drink miso soup twice a day easily...
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

hlacy
on 9/13/11 2:41 pm - Chandler, AZ
It really is that easy! A lot of miso soup recipes call for wakame as well (dried seaweed), but I skip that when I make my own. Miso paste lasts quite a while - you can make as much as you want at a time. Here is an easy recipe you can use (I just throw mine together, whatever tastes good):

http://www.yummysf.com/miso-soup-recipe/

This recipe calls for white miso. I use white or yellow. The lighter the color, the more mild the taste. Not sure which miso soup packs you are using - I know the Kikkoman ones are white miso paste, as are the miso soup in most Japanese or sushi restaurants. If it's a darker broth, it's probably red. I wish I could recall the name of the brand I buy, but it's from Whole Foods - they have a couple different brands. You can also use miso paste to make salad dressing! I have never tried it, but I hear it's good, and there are recipes all over the internet for it.

Good luck, and ENJOY!

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 101 views
Forum Search Error & 404