exploratory surgery tomorrow

dlo2
on 9/14/11 6:36 am - Brandenburg, KY
I am off to the hospital in the morning for exploratory surgery to see if they can figure out what has been causing my off and on again abdominal pain.  I had an intestinal blockage this time last year and they thought was the root of the problem but then exactly one week after the surgery the pain was back.  I have had multiple scans, mri's and nothing has shown up.  Pray that they find the cause this time.  The Dr. has been trying to get me to do this surgery for a while but I was not to thrilled about having another surgery.  So hopefully this will solve the problem.  My biggest fear is they won't find anything and I will still be in pain.  I will keep you posted. 
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 7:14 am
good luck hopefully you will get this resolved very quickly
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/14/11 7:34 am - OH
I sure hope they find the problem! 

I find it really ironic that your surgeon wanted to do the surgery but YOU have been putting it off, whereas I just spent the last 18 months with almost constant low level pain and intermittent episodes of severe pain and that it took me until 2 weeks ago to get a surgeon -- ANY surgeon -- to do an exploratory to find the problem since the multiple CT scans (5 total) and half a dozen other tests (upper GIs, etc.) all showed nothing! 

I, too, was so afraid that the surgeon would find nothing and the pain would continue (I was especially worried because after all my efforts to get someone to DO the surgery, I knew it was a "one time shot").  Try to relax and have faith that the problem will be visible.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

dlo2
on 9/14/11 8:10 am - Brandenburg, KY
Thanks Lora,  I know something has to be causing the pain and I am going to keep the faith that they will find the answers.  I too had multiple scopes, MRI 's and scans.  I have actually lost count on how many have been done.  I let you know what they find. 
ktharp89
on 9/14/11 8:12 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 good luck! I will be thinking about you tomorrow and please update us as soon as you know something!
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Ale L.
on 9/14/11 8:56 am
RNY on 03/08/11 with
 Good luck!  

Eliza55
on 9/14/11 9:14 am - PA
Good luck.  I hope that everything goes well.  I'm not sure if I hope  they find something or not.....
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/11 11:52 am - Boston, MA
I wish you all the best I hope they find the cause of your pain, please update us when you feel up to it.
rbb825
on 9/14/11 3:03 pm - Suffern, NY
good luck tomorrow. I hope all goes well and they find out what the problem is.  Please PM when you are done and you know the cause of your pain, I am very interested in this.  I had a bowel obstruction and internal hernia last October which turned into 4 major open surgeries over 5 months.  I have been in constant pain ever since.  My surgeon thinks at this point I probably have alot of scar tissue or a possible hernia but nothing shows up on testing.  She is very leary to go back in at this point and I really dont' want to have more surgery either.  Without know what the cause is and if it can be fixed, I can't stand the thought of more surgery - that is what caused the pain in the first place.  I am on pretty potent pain killers every day. On top of it, I am now dealing with kidney stones - had one emergency surgery in July and am having another one next month. I just can't take it anymore.  I am not sure it was worth being this.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 293 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics