What vitamins o you take...

Cella123
on 9/15/11 11:52 am - IL
I was taking Optisource from walgreen but it cost $30.00 a bottle and doesn't have enough vitamins in it. I switch to Bariatric Advantage and YUCK, they taste like medicine with a little hint of orange in them. I can't keep them down so I am returning them ASAP. What vitamins do any of you take and are they cheap, I don't want to pay a lot and take a lot of pills if I don't have to. I would like to switch to the pill form, I'm tired of chewing saw dust. Thanks...

busy_blond
on 9/15/11 11:55 am - Tyler, TX
for a multi-vitamin, I take the CVS brand of Centrum silver. if you get them during the buy one get one free sale they are cheap. I take 2 daily.
Leann

poet_kelly
on 9/15/11 11:55 am - OH
Good for you for getting rid of the Optisource.  They are lousy vitamins for us.

I use ENS from Celebrate but it is pricey.  If you want pills you swallow, Centrum is a good choice.

For calcium, I use different things.  I like Upcal D, which is a powder you mix in your drink and it has no taste.  It's not too expensive.  I also like the Bariatric Advantage caramel calcium chews and the Calcet creamy bites, but they are more expensive.

I do B12 shots, which are cheap for me because my insurance covers the b12.  I do Sundown Perfect iron, which is cheap.  I do vitalady Tender D3 which is pretty reasonable.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

GreyEagle
on 9/15/11 11:58 am - WA
My wife bought me chewable multi-vitamins from Costco. Plus I bought some Iron, Vitamin D my surgeon wanted me to be taking pre-op and probably post-op too because I'm very slightly anemic.
Ken GreyEagle
Western Band Cherokee
hlacy
on 9/15/11 12:23 pm - Chandler, AZ
I looked for some the other day at Costco and could not find any...wonder if this is another one of their disappearing items?
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

bunnicash
on 9/15/11 12:22 pm - Sedalia, MO
I use Celebrate vitamins... they are my favorite. Especially the lemon cream calcium bites:)
  ~ Be the change you want to see in the world                                        Ashley                                           
hlacy
on 9/15/11 12:23 pm - Chandler, AZ
I take Centrum Silver chewables. Taste like Fruit Loops!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Magan M.
on 9/15/11 1:16 pm
 How many of the Centrum Silver chewables do you have to take a day?

poet_kelly
on 9/15/11 1:24 pm - OH
Two a day.  Most multis are two a day.  We need 200% of the RDA of most things, so if you get a good adult multi with 100% of most stuff in it, you need two a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ElleBW
on 9/15/11 4:10 pm - WA
I've just finished an extensive sample period of vitamin testing and thought I might not be able to go through with the surgery having to eat some of that stuff. I finally found and LOVE Celebrate vitamins. I can eat them and they dissolve quickly and taste decently. Yes, they are a little more expensive, but my surgeon says I won't be on them long before I can go back to swallowing, but at least I know that I will be compliant with taking my supplements. I strongly feel this is not the place to try to save a few dollars!

Good luck!

Elle BW
Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle.                                                                                        
                                                                                               Paulo Coelho    

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 239 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics