Surgery may have to wait

Godgaveus2
on 9/14/11 10:45 am - WI
Many of you have read my posts about being treated for pneumonia and surgery is supposed to be on Mon.  Well, I had my preop appt with internal meds doc and surgeon on Mon.  I had yet another chest xray and though the internal meds doc wasn't able to review them, he listened to my lungs and said they sounded good and he was clearing me for surgery.  Well, then I seen the NP and she sai after reviewing my xrays that they were actually WORSE!!  No idea how this can be as I have been feeling much better.  Very little symptoms.  The surgeon decided to do another chest xray this Fri to see if we are a go or not for surgery.  Last night, I got a call saying I needed to have chest CT scan because they no longer think its pneumonia.  This is after  five weeks, numerous xrays, 3 rounds of antibiotics, and two steroids.  So, who knows what they will find in the morning, hopefully nothing serious and we can get on with our lives.  Even though I haven't been told yet, I am in the mindset that surgery isn't happening on Mon.  Now, of course I want to be healthy enough for surgery, but I have gone through so many hoops already.  Just when I feel, I am there, this happens!  Thanks for letting me vent.

Amy
D-J
on 9/14/11 10:52 am
ughhh thats sooo frustrating,,,most like some one misread something,,,at least thats what i hope,,,i'll be praying for you tonight for sure,,,,
crystal C.
on 9/14/11 11:00 am - lynn, MA
Noooooooo!  I hope it all works out for you, were suppose to be surgery buddies :(  I will say a pray that everything works out for you!
Eliza55
on 9/14/11 11:01 am - PA

I'm hoping you'll find out what the issue is very soon.  Take care.

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

Godgaveus2
on 9/14/11 11:13 am - WI
Thank you everyone! Crystal, I wish you well with your surgery and even if were not the same date, we will eventually be on the losers bench together. Good luck!
SugarGrl
on 9/14/11 11:18 am
I'm praying that everything goes well for you and that when you do get your surgery that you have a speedy recovery.

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

monicapena
on 9/14/11 11:53 am - OH
I am so sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. One good thing is that at least your doctor is making sure that things are all good for you before surgery because you will need all your strength to handle the surgery and after to heal. Pneumonia is nothing to mess around with. Take care of yourself and my God bless and keep you safe.

Monica
dasie
on 9/14/11 7:06 pm
Finding the issue is paramount.  I hope I don't miss your follow up posts regarding this situation.  I wish you the best, and hopefully surgery will happen soon.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 236 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?